Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: chinnelle /slash quilt

Blog Entries

Question chinnelle /slash quilt

Does anyone have any suggestions on making a full size chenille quilt. The tutes are for baby for baby quilts but I want to make a full size for myself. I was thinking of doing in squares like you do rag quilts but don't know if it come out the same. I assume if I did it this way my seams would need to be the same width as my slashes are. I am looking for the expertice of everyone on the board for ideas and suggestions. Thanks everyone.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Blog Entries
    Here s a link to a queen size one. http://makingthingsisawesome.wordpre...uilt-tutorial/
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries

chenille quilt

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Thank you, I knew someone would rescue me. I think I am going to the thrift store to find some inexpensive sheets for the center fabric to go along with some of my stash. Thanks again!!!!!
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

please post a pic when you are done.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by judykay View Post
    Thank you, I knew someone would rescue me. I think I am going to the thrift store to find some inexpensive sheets for the center fabric to go along with some of my stash. Thanks again!!!!!
    Just a heads up, Sheets may be tightly woven enough they may not fluff as much as flannel. Unless you mean looking for flannel sheets!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    Just a heads up, Sheets may be tightly woven enough they may not fluff as much as flannel. Unless you mean looking for flannel sheets!
    Thanks, I didn't think about that, I will stick with flannel sheets. I saw a post on you tube where someone used old receiving blankets, any thoughts on that.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

old receiving blankets would work OK but you would have to piece them to get pieces large enough for your queen size quilt. I would look for inexpensive flannel or flannel sheets. The more loosely woven the better the fluff will be.

BTW: a heads up on washing your completed blanket. Be sure and check your washing machine filter and your dryer filter more than once in the process. They will fill up fast with all those threads. Ask me how I know!!!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    old receiving blankets would work OK but you would have to piece them to get pieces large enough for your queen size quilt. I would look for inexpensive flannel or flannel sheets. The more loosely woven the better the fluff will be.

BTW: a heads up on washing your completed blanket. Be sure and check your washing machine filter and your dryer filter more than once in the process. They will fill up fast with all those threads. Ask me how I know!!!
    Thanks for the reminder, I have made rag quilts in the past and take them to the laundry mat for the first wash.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

Have you ever done chenille? I made a jacket. I sewed each piece and cut it before I cut out my pattern pieces. It took an eternity just to sew the pieces for a jacket. Then you have to cut all of those channels that you have sewn. That takes two eternities. Then there's the weight. Four layers of flannel or cotton gets kind of heavy.