Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Chocolate pudding in the pot.... >

Chocolate pudding in the pot....

Chocolate pudding in the pot....

Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
The laziest way I know of to clean burnt on gunk out of a pan is hot water and Cascade. Let it sit overnight and it'll be clean or very close to it in the morning.
That would be my suggestion. Don't know what is in the Cascade but it seems to eat anything away. In fact, it doesn't even have to be Cascade. I use the Cascade gel packs for my dishwasher. I have a box of powered dishwasher stuff but not Cascade. It's Kirkland's, which is a COSCO's brand. I don't like to use it in the dishwasher. I kept it to use when I have something stuck to the pan.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 AM

you got lots of good suggestions and i don't blame you for wanting to save your revere ware pan - i love mine and i would never have anything else!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 AM

Ouch - I feel for you. :( I'm always doing goofy stuff like this.

I would use the dishwasher detergent soak. It gets anything clean. I hope it works on your pan.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:13 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I just LOVE you guys! Knew many someones here would have great suggestions and I can't wait to try them. Just washed my hands in the kitchen sink where the pot is sitting and it broke my heart all over again.

As I have Cascade, I'll start with that first ..... and a TIMER! Never doing anything ever again without a timer since it's obvious there was not only a disturbance in the pudding force, as Rebecca VLQ noted, but there seems to be a permanent disruption in the mental capacities as well.

And Leatherflea, about using Coke.....well, I'm going to try it, but I'm NOT going there with any other comments as I am also a 55 year Coke addict out of the closet. I do not want to know!!

Let's see, got to add baking soda (recently used up) to the grocery list, and amonia, and oven cleaner - huh, that might come in handy for the oven which itself desperately needs attention, more Mr. Clean erasers, Bar Keepers Friend-----

Now I'm wondering whether it *would* be cheaper to buy a new pot?!

Jan in VA
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM

Someone once told me that if I have something stuck to a pan I should soak a softener sheet (like Bounce) in it overnight. They said the next day, you just wash and rinse it and it should be good. I hope this works. I know what it's like to have your favorite cooking tools and utensils.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 PM

also, try using a "magic eraser".
Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 PM

I spray with oven cleaner, come back the next day and it wipes right off. No elbow grease needed.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 PM

I was going to tell you to use the Cascade too! I made an apple pie and it boiled over and it was a sticky sticky mess! I but it in the sink, added the cascade with hot water and let it sit for a day or two.. and if finally came clean. It works great!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 PM

I was going to say try Cascade too. I had made an apple pie and had lots of apples and sugar in the pie pan. It boiled over when it was in the oven, what a sticky, sticky mess!
I put it in the sink and added the Cascade and hot water and let it soak a day or two.. and it came clean.

Did you get your pan clean yet?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Such a BUMMER about the chocolate!!!!!! Did you get your pan clean????