Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas 2014? >

Christmas 2014?

Christmas 2014?

Old 02-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

I have a list started--in my head, but nothing actually started yet~
Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 AM

I recently found the Fandom in Stitches site, with tons of cool paper pieced patterns for harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and all the various fandoms that are popular. My ODD is obsessed with a few fandoms, so I plan to learn to paper piece and make her a twin size quilt with blocks for all her interests.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:02 AM

My 2014 Christmas quilts are at the long arm pro as we speak. I do this deliberately so it does not stress out me , and the person that does my quilting is in the slower season. I started in December of 2013 on next years gifts.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:21 PM

Yes I have my Grandsons Queen size done. I have 2 more Queen size quilts to make for 2 Granddaughters. Then I'll do the small stuff.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:48 PM

I'm doing the Wishes BOM on fatquartershop.com so I think that might be someone's gift this year. And the quilt my daughter wants is actually a rendition of the churn dash I made for my husband that I called Ugly Quilt (I think hers will be more fun to work on). But I still haven't come up with a pattern for my mom yet ... and I have half a dozen UFO's I'm thinking about trying to finish to make some quilts for gifts.

I really like the idea of working on gifts a year in advance. Maybe I should get moving on 2015!! ;-)

ETA: I'm thinking about making my mom's quilt with 30s repro fabrics ... just haven't figured out the pattern.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

I start the week before Christmas for the following year. got two twin sized quilts done so far, hanging in my closet waiting to be wrapped. will make towel set for the bathrooms, kitchen sets with potholders. ornaments for everyone, small gifts for my husbands boss lady. small gifts for all my friends, and stuff for charity also.
Also, this year, am making 3 cousins pillows for all the holidays, just did St. Pats crazy quilted pillows, ready to mail. and also the pincushion of the month for the swaps. oops, can't forget birthdays. open for suggestions all the time.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:03 PM

I have a set of four placemats made and a few small items.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:39 AM

I have - and I'm so excited about it. I made the Eleanor Burns log cabin wreath, with the intent of gifting it to my daughter, but I love it so much I'm keeping it for my self. I will make her another one. I have a son and a daughter, 2 grandkids, 3 brothers (1 sis in law), 3 sisters (2 Bro in laws), 2 sisters in law on my husbands side, 9 nieces, 5 nephews and 12 great nieces and nephews - my goal is that they ALL get something I've made for Christmas in 2014. Yikes, I'd better get cutting an sewing.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
I'm doing this at the moment. http://www.stitchintree.com/FreePatt...nPopStars.html . Now the nice thing is it's shown 4 differents way so you can have four different looks. I think the 2 star method could make for some nice placemats. I'm using what I have on hand with a WoW background and my scrappy squares that I've been making from my scraps. I do tend to several holiday swaps, so this is helping me along so I'm not manic sewing coming Nov.

Toodles,
Tricia
Blurb said something about being a member? Are you? How does one be, other than playing Dice game as mentioned or can I just download. I thought I would like to offer it at guild meeting..( I am co-librarian), and of course make one for show n tell!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:52 AM

2014 Projects:
6" (finished) twin sized churn dash quilt for my Mom's 90th birthday in October.
Queen sized TeeShirt quilt for my 30 yr. old daughter using her HS volleyball, softball, cheer shirts for Xmas.
One monogrammed Christmas stocking for everyone in the family (adults and kids total 13 so far) to hang on our mantel to stay at our house every year, plus a few goodies like: fleece slippers, mittens and hot pot bowls to put in each.
Other projects in the meantime: start and finish a wall hanging kit I bought in Alaska entitled "Three Sheets to the Wind" for our newly remodeled laundry room.
Finish up the two soft covered alphabet books for our two grandsons.
Make a ruffled dog bandanna for my grand dog who is turning 15 next weekend, with a big party : )
Re-cover a huge (crib sized mattress size) for our daughter's English Mastiff, etc. etc. etc. LOL