Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-17-2010, 05:02 PM

Well,my plan is to get together with a friend of mine to make quilted christmas balls for my tree.
Charlene
Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM

CarrieAnne,

How about knit lounging pants? I haven't checked on the price of knits lately, but it's an idea.

Pat from MN
Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 PM

Year before last I made two pillowcases for each of my nephews and nieces. Couldn't believe how crazy the kids were for those!
Last year I made each of them a set of the rolynesters. I nested the rolynesters together (kids really got a kick out of finding one after the other inside each other) and stuffed the inside one with little knicknacks and candy.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
We do a big fudge factory every year, very simple recipe in the microwave. The kids customize the flavors for friends.
It is a big hit. A lot of their friends do not cook!
Dotty, don't suppose you could give us that recipe, could you?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 PM

I've made a bunch of comfort neck pillows. The pattern is free from Connecting Threads. It's on page 5, they show it in pink. Very easy to make and everyone loves them. I also scaled down the pattern a little bit for my 5 year old grand daughter. They also have a lot of other free patterns that would make nice gifts.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Wonderful idea, I look forward to this topic.

Maybe1day
Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Great idea....I wa just thinking how hard this Christmas is going to be...........I'm not working much. I need ideas for young guys, like 17-25!!!!!!! Cant think of a thing to do Hm and not too expensive!
Gosh the guys are the hardest....hope people share some ideas
those are about the age of my guys if you crochet they love beanie hats i even found a pattern for one that has a pocket on it to put an MP3 player usually black and red are good colors or sports team colors one of mine got a no sew fleece blanket last year his only complaint is it is not long enough lol otherwise he cuddles it like a little boy and he is 21 lol!
i myself have been looking for panels and found a few inexpensive ones i can either make into placemats or wall hangings my thing is once they are married or living with a significant other they get a couple gift not enough time or money to give everyone a gift everyone this year is gettin homemade but the 14 year old i tell the others he is still a kid so he gets christmas stuff.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by JacquelineVH
I need ideas. I am on sick leave due to Fibromyalgia and can't do a lot of things at once.
So sorry to hear that! I also suffer from that, and I know how painful it can be. I started Savella (sp?) and it has helped me SO much. I start back to teaching tomorrow, and we had a construction project so I have to move all the furniture and supplies back into the room, unpack, and get ready for kids all in 2 1/2 days. Not looking forward to the soreness that will follow. Best wishes to you for better days ahead.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Journal covers
Quilts for Kids tells you how to cover a simple notebook but i bet you know how!
I really don't know how but would love a pattern, Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
This year I am cross stitching some nice somewhat simple pictures. Just will need to get them framed. I also have been giving them all home made orniments. some quilted, some cross stitched. they all seem to expect something I made.
i made a nice pic of lillies for a friend last year in cross stitch got a beautiful silver frame at the dollar store and actually paid more for the mat than i did the frame looked just as nice as a framer would have done let me see if i can get a pic on here.

lillys in pink
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98900[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98895.jpe