Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Annya
I made some with dolphins for my niece who is a dolphin fanatic. She wants me to make another one so she has one on the line and one on the cushion at at times. That is a great idea for my friends at quilt the club too. thanks for reminding me. :thumbup:
What did you make for your niece?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM

what is a rolynester? it sounds fun!
Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
Year before last I made two pillowcases for each of my nephews and nieces. Couldn't believe how crazy the kids were for those!
Last year I made each of them a set of the rolynesters. I nested the rolynesters together (kids really got a kick out of finding one after the other inside each other) and stuffed the inside one with little knicknacks and candy.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM

You can put your sandwich in a baggie and get bacteria. At least you can wash a quilted bag. or you can put the dandich in the plastic bag before you put it in the sanwich wrapper. When you unwrap the wrapper, it becomes a placemat! I do want this pattern!!!!
Originally Posted by LeeLee
Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
I'm making quilted, insulated lunch bags, with a pouch for a drink bottle, and quilted sandwich wrappers.
those sound super..hope we get to see pics
The sandwich bag may not be a good idea because of bacterial but the lunch bag and drink pouch sounds like a greaat idea.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM

Um...yeah!
Originally Posted by BZ quilting
Originally Posted by Laura3
I have the best snack mix that I give out every other year for Christmas. On the year that I bake cookies everyone gets mad at me. I also have been the most requested mom for the college kids because of this mix. It can be made ahead and looks great in tins...Should I post it here or in recipes?
Yes, please
:lol:
Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
You can put your sandwich in a baggie and get bacteria. At least you can wash a quilted bag. or you can put the dandich in the plastic bag before you put it in the sanwich wrapper. When you unwrap the wrapper, it becomes a placemat! I do want this pattern!!!!
Originally Posted by LeeLee
Originally Posted by Sue Fish
Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
I'm making quilted, insulated lunch bags, with a pouch for a drink bottle, and quilted sandwich wrappers.
those sound super..hope we get to see pics
The sandwich bag may not be a good idea because of bacterial but the lunch bag and drink pouch sounds like a greaat idea.
only if you reuse the baggie. I usually throw away my plastic sandwich bag for this reason.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM

Good Idea, but I really want to embroider it. Maybe I can needle point or...ask a frind with a machine!
Originally Posted by flybreit
Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I really wish that I had an embroidery machine! I would embroider my mother's Homemade apple crisp recipe and an Apple applique, and her Blueberry cobbler with a blueberry applique, on a Kitchen towel and give it to my sisters
Could you print it on fabric and do that instead? The photo printing paper is more expensive than using freezer paper but it might last longer....great idea (mind if I copy?) :roll:
:lol:
Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM

I have thought of that to! I wouldn't mind sharing My Mother's recipes at all!
Originally Posted by fmd36
Why not ask someone with an emb. machine to do the emb. for you. Send them the washed fabric, etc. and see how much it would cost..of course you would have to share the recipe. ....
Old 08-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
This year I am cross stitching some nice somewhat simple pictures. Just will need to get them framed. I also have been giving them all home made orniments. some quilted, some cross stitched. they all seem to expect something I made.
That's how my family is with Christmas Ornaments. I've been making them since my kids were small. Now...I'm running out of ideas. Every year I say I'm gonna stop making them but then I just can't....LOL It's to hard to stop a tradition. So...if anybody has any ornament idea's I'm listening/reading.

Thank you,
Mish :0)
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 PM

Rolynesters are sets of zippered storage units that nest inside each other. The instructions are found at the following site:

http://www.studiokatdesigns.com/freepatterns.htm

Enjoy!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
This year I am cross stitching some nice somewhat simple pictures. Just will need to get them framed. I also have been giving them all home made orniments. some quilted, some cross stitched. they all seem to expect something I made.
That's how my family is with Christmas Ornaments. I've been making them since my kids were small. Now...I'm running out of ideas. Every year I say I'm gonna stop making them but then I just can't....LOL It's to hard to stop a tradition. So...if anybody has any ornament idea's I'm listening/reading.

Thank you,
Mish :0)
Do you crochet, Mish? I belong to a crochet snowflake group and you can really build a nice variety of snowflakes.