Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas gifts - making anything festive? >

Christmas gifts - making anything festive?

Christmas gifts - making anything festive?

Old 10-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Banned

I don't think I'll be making any of my gifts this year, life is just too much in the way right now and for the foreseeable future. What I'm doing now though is making portable crib sheets, needed with two new babies in the family. I bought a couple of cute brand new full size flat sheets at a thrift store and figured out I can get 4 pack n play size sheets out of each full.

Cari
Old 10-26-2015, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Momellis View Post
I only wish! Had knee replacement Sept 2nd then fell 5 days later & broke my femur on the same leg. Now can't walk until after Christmas! My sewing room is upstairs & a million miles away.

Oh wow! Im so sorry you are having difficulties. I hope you enjoy the board while you are recuperating and that you leg and knee heal completely. Maybe you can do some hand work while your bones knit? Welcome to the board. Gina
Old 10-26-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by lovingmama View Post
Quick and effective ten minute table runners
Can I borrow your pattern?
Old 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM

How did you make the ten minute table runners?
Old 10-26-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Ann View Post
Good for you Ginger. I just finished a rag quilt but, I made mine a Puff Rag Quilt. Love them. I made myself two for over two couches in my livening room. So much fun making them.
Do you have a pattern for the puff rag quilt?
Old 10-26-2015, 07:07 PM

I am making the scrap buster pot holders for the grandchildren's teachers. http://www.sew4home.com/projects/kit...ded-pot-holder
Old 10-26-2015, 08:22 PM

8 weeks until Christmas??? Here I thought I was really moving along on getting stuff made! so far I have ISpy quilts for 2 oldest g-boys (2yr & 7 yr) totally finished, a quilt for my SIL(I tend to do bigger stuff for part of the family one year and then switch to others the next year) done, a memory quilt for my step-MIL needs to be quilted and bound, a table topper quilted and bound for son's family, I want to make my own fabric with scraps and use it to make a patchwork animals for 3rd g-son who turns 1yr on WED! But what I'm gifted to most everyone are those "bowl" potholders to use in the microwave. And after a retreat last week and receiving one, think I'm going to also make some smartphone cross-body bags--so I best get busy! Oh--and my DH informed me Sunday that the friend that has been talking a t-shirt quilt for months/years is now wanting it by Christmas!
Old 10-27-2015, 03:46 AM

what about microwave bowl holders? if they are like my kids, they love eating at the computer or tv and those are perfect for holding their hot food.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
For the kiddies I made monster zipper pouches. I made one like this for lunch money and one larger for pencils and things. Then I filled them with pencils, erasers and treats. The adults all do a white elephant, so I made a pair of pillowcases.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534169[/ATTACH]
Love the pouch - super cute and useful too.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by bjgallent View Post
I am making triangle frenzy table runners (fabrics are wine bottles, snowmen, and cardinals. I want to do machine embroidery on kitchen towels. I usually make cold process soap but did not this year. I have been on chemo since July, will have surgery, and more chemo so can only do so much.
You are amazing! May I wish you only the very best as you continue your fight. Me too, but I'm nearly as productive.