Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas gifts >

Christmas gifts

Christmas gifts

Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 AM

I'm doing quilts for a few family members this year, one is 3/4 quilted right now. The others I haven't started yet. I'm making one for my husband right now, sewing the binding on at the moment. LOL I better get cracking on the ones for the rest of the family. I'm sticking with simple patterns, don't want to get overwhelmed.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:40 AM

You can see the pattern here. They are called snap happy sacks. I think the girls would love them and they are pretty easy to make

http://stitchinsis.com/catalog/

Originally Posted by dd
Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
how about the snap bags they work up very quickly.Are you looking for something for them to make or are you looking for something to make for them?

Originally Posted by dd
I'm working on a Sunbonnet Sue for my MIL and a table runner for my mom for her birthday in Sept. Fabric is in the washer right now. Still looking for a quick Christmas project for my 4H girls.
No, something for them to make so it has to be easy but something they are interested in also. Not sure what a snap bag is. Have to look it up.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Right now I am working on county fair entries, samples for my crochet classes and crazy patch sweatshirt jacket classes, and items for our fall craft show. Usually whatever is left after the craft show becomes Christmas presents. LOL It's not recycled yet, repurposed maybe? LOL
Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 AM
dd

You can see the pattern here. They are called snap happy sacks. I think the girls would love them and they are pretty easy to make

Originally Posted by dd
how about the snap bags they work up very quickly.Are you looking for something for them to make or are you looking for something to make for them?

Originally Posted by dd
I'm working on a Sunbonnet Sue for my MIL and a table runner for my mom for her birthday in Sept. Fabric is in the washer right now. Still looking for a quick Christmas project for my 4H girls.
No, something for them to make so it has to be easy but something they are interested in also. Not sure what a snap bag is. Have to look it up.
Thanks for the link. They are cute and a good idea. I usually look for free patterns but I like them. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by dd

Originally Posted by dd

Originally Posted by dd
Thanks for the link. They are cute and a good idea. I usually look for free patterns but I like them. Thanks.
I'm doing dumb dumb today. What is the carpenter's tape?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 PM

A metal retractable measuring tape.