Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas presents.

I had a years subscription to Quilters Newsletter and Fons and Porters Love of Quilting. :D I had four more of The Elm Creek quilt books. :-D Yipee!!!!

Blog Entries
    Yay!

I love to get books for Christmas!!

Love magazine subscriptions and the Elm Creek books are some of my favorites. Lucky you!

Blog Entries
    Great gifts :D:D:D

Great gifts!

Blog Entries
    :( no quilt related presents for me . . . Was I a bad girl?

Santa gave me 20 spools of thread and a batik charm sampler pack all from Connecting Threads. They couldn't understand why I asked for it or how excited I am. Some people just don't get it.

Pat

I just give Santa a list and he picks from it.
    This year one of the things was a gift card to my favorite LQS---he went all out and put $200 on it!

I also throw in some books and he got two Nicholas Sparks books, The Lucky One and The Last Dance. I read the first one yesterday.

Then he and DD bought me Jeopardy for the Wii. Played it yesterday and it's a lot of fun. I was pretty good on the easy setting, don't know how well I'd do on the medium or difficult though.

I asked one of my kids who lives in Texas to visit my favorite shop that I like when I visit there and purchase 3-4 fat quarters - his choice....telling him the sales clerk would know what he was asking for and would help him. What he sent me was wonderful...6 half yard cuts of A Journey in Time fabric; 10 coordinating Moda fat quarters; 2 yards and 6 fat quarters of Dr. Suess fabric. He said he wanted me to be more supplied and be able to really make something not just add to what I already have! It was a wonderful surprise now I guess I have to get busy and make something out of these...just not sure of patterns yet but the fabric is beautiful.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Nice!

I am a real newbie as far as quilting goes. I'm still trying to get started and will attend my first quild meeting next week. I got a woodworker's hardware kit for a new frame that DH is going to build. He also went to the LQS for stocking stuffers. I hope I used the right acronyms.

Blog Entries
    I asked for a couple of magazines that would not cost mmy son a bunch of money, but they thought it would be too cheap to buy? Now I am stuck in the hospital waiting room with no quilting magazines to read.

I didn't get my new sewing machine for Christmas but will be getting it later as money was an issue. All my kids gave me gift cards from Joanne's and later this week I am going shopping for a new cutting matt and cutter. I'd be out there today buying but I got rotten cold for xmas.

I was pleased to get 2 JoAnn GC = $150 and a book I had on my list, Thread Work Unraveled. Gave a small quilt and a Wall Hanging for gifts and they were well received...that felt like a gift too!

I got clothes and exercise equipment. Since I hate clothes shopping that is a plus. I did ask for a stability ball. So OK. I asked for a new radio/CD player for my sewing room. Got that, too. Hubby got me a new computer so I can now get EQ7. In all very nice.
    Happy for those of you who got the things you wanted.
    Yippee!!!!

Santa told me to go out with a blank ck and pick my own gift. So I bought 13 diff fabrics to do a log cabin quilt, pressing board and new rulers. I opened them on Chirstmas Day and acted "Surprised...my kind of Christmas. I'm too old for surprises.....and just want what I want

My son and daughter-in-law gave me something that can cut a lot of things at one time but each one takes a different die (2" sq, 2.5" sq, etc) and it really is something for crafters or someone who is in stamping but not really helpful for quilting. I feel awful telling them I can's use it but I guess that would be better than having it sit on a shelf. I'm sure it cost too much for that.

Wonderful presents. I loved all the Elm Creek Quilt books. Enjoy!

good for ya! I asked for subscription and fabrics but everyone was in the "huh?"....lol. But did get a 1 hr massage, gift certificates and tons of Choc !!

For christmas I got a ruler square with a diamond edge, 2 jelly rolls and a couple large spools of thread. Can't wait to use them.

If it's what I'm thinking...it's 300+...better to tell them and get something you can really use...and maybe save them a few bucks...

I got several non-quilting things, but I also got a $40 gift cert. to Connecting Threads and a quilting calculator, plus two applique books (I requested books on applique) and a book of iron-on transfers of quilt labels.

I got warm cozy slippers, books, Columbia jacket with pink ribbon on it, a fleece vest from kids and grandkids and DH got me a Breast Cancer cook book, a sidewinder, and a new Husqvarna Viking Topaz 30 machine for Christmas..isn't he sweet?

Power Poster
    Yah Whoo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast