Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 277

Thread: Christmas Project a Month for 2011

  1. #1
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    442
    I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.

  2. #2
    Super Member mrspete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC - USA
    Posts
    2,971
    I am totally out of Christmas fabric. I made more dittie bags for troops than I counted. And I had a blast! I need to shop for some this year. It would be fun though.

    Happy New Year

  3. #3
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Great idea!

  4. #4
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    442
    Should be able to get Christmas fabric on sale now. You go girl. I think this is how I accumulated my Christmas stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    I am totally out of Christmas fabric. I made more dittie bags for troops than I counted. And I had a blast! I need to shop for some this year. It would be fun though.

    Happy New Year

  5. #5
    a regular here
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    So. Ea. Ind.
    Posts
    1,332
    Sounds good to me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member marymc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A lake in Minnesota
    Posts
    511
    Great idea! I don't plan ahead and then I find myself thinking it's too much work to use for such a short time. if I made things all year I could give them out at Thanksgiving. I have a ton of fabric from a thrift shop so count me in!!

  7. #7
    Super Member Melinda in Tulsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,493
    Blog Entries
    62
    I think this is a wonderful idea! Count me in, surely I can do *one* extra something a month. Do you think we could convince Admin to shut down the board one day a month so we can sew?!!!!!

  8. #8
    Super Member Raggiemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,589
    Sounds like a great plan to me! But I'll need to go shopping for more Christas fabric... Good thing my LQS is having an inventory sale Friday!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    438
    Sounds fun to me. I will need to get some more Christmas fabric though. Maybe I can do that next week.

  10. #10
    Super Member kateyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Posts
    2,257
    Good idea! I have about 6 so I'm in for one every two months

  11. #11
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    20
    Sounds good to me. Maybe this way I'll actually get something Christmasy (is that a word??) done. Seems like by the time I get around to doing something it's too late.

  12. #12
    Super Member thequilterslink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW PA
    Posts
    2,682
    Great idea, but i don't have much Christmas fabric, lol, i might be able to find some tho :)

  13. #13
    Super Member patchsamkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fox Valley Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,937
    Sounds like a really good idea...that way there isn't the pressure at Christmas time trying to finish up projects at the last minute.

  14. #14
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    20
    I do have a question: Will we all be working on the same project each month, or is it a do your own thing each month sort of thing? I can forsee doing it both ways, maybe one month everyone making a tablerunner or some such thing, and then other months working on our own projects. What do others plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.

  15. #15
    Super Member Melinda in Tulsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,493
    Blog Entries
    62
    Surely it doesn't have to be Christmas fabric, per se. I don't have much of that but have lots of reds, greens. My perception of the Christmas Project a month was to make *something* as a Christmas present. Did I misunderstand?

  16. #16
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    I'm starting on next year's Christmas tomorrow....

  17. #17
    Super Member natalieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,436
    That's my understanding too! I'm in! I have a bunch of half-finished, ready to be finished Christmas projects....some "Christmasy" fabric, some just Christmas projects! I promised my 5 kids and their "attachments" homemade stockings and tree skirts for 2011! So, I will have enough there without even having to come up with anything else. Oh yeah, and I want to make a tree skirt for myself and stockings for me, my DH and MIL and mom. Geez....I might have to finish twelve things a month!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    Surely it doesn't have to be Christmas fabric, per se. I don't have much of that but have lots of reds, greens. My perception of the Christmas Project a month was to make *something* as a Christmas present. Did I misunderstand?

  18. #18
    Senior Member tucsonquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    995
    This sounds like fun and a way to stay motivated. When are we starting?

  19. #19
    Super Member purplemem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Misssissippi
    Posts
    3,303
    Blog Entries
    1
    I like this plan, also. As we get closer to the holidays I get overwhelmed and then end up doing nothing! I have at least 4 tree skirts ready to sew! I think I'll join this group.

  20. #20
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    442
    I was thinking of doing my own thing, but I like your idea of doing the same project some months.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    I do have a question: Will we all be working on the same project each month, or is it a do your own thing each month sort of thing? I can forsee doing it both ways, maybe one month everyone making a tablerunner or some such thing, and then other months working on our own projects. What do others plan?

    Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.

  21. #21
    Super Member mmonohon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,678
    I have a ton of Christmas fabric to use. I am in.

  22. #22
    Senior Member winter012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    582
    I'd like to see something with a tutorial to go with it. That way everyone has the option of learning something new each month...... Does this appeal to anyone?? Other than that, the idea of a once a month project appeals to me.

  23. #23
    Senior Member marymc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A lake in Minnesota
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by winter012
    I'd like to see something with a tutorial to go with it. That way everyone has the option of learning something new each month...... Does this appeal to anyone?? Other than that, the idea of a once a month project appeals to me.
    I agree. As a fairly new quilter I need to stretch.

  24. #24
    Senior Member sonisew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    576
    Count me in. I need to start early on Christmas gifts. When are we starting?

  25. #25
    Super Member DottyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England, U.K.
    Posts
    1,165
    I would be interested -- Please let me know what you decide?
    Thank you !

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.