Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Project a Month for 2011

I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.

I am totally out of Christmas fabric. I made more dittie bags for troops than I counted. And I had a blast! I need to shop for some this year. It would be fun though.

Happy New Year

Great idea!

Should be able to get Christmas fabric on sale now. You go girl. I think this is how I accumulated my Christmas stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    I am totally out of Christmas fabric. I made more dittie bags for troops than I counted. And I had a blast! I need to shop for some this year. It would be fun though.

Happy New Year

a regular here
    Sounds good to me.

Great idea! I don't plan ahead and then I find myself thinking it's too much work to use for such a short time. if I made things all year I could give them out at Thanksgiving. I have a ton of fabric from a thrift shop so count me in!!

Blog Entries
    I think this is a wonderful idea! Count me in, surely I can do *one* extra something a month. Do you think we could convince Admin to shut down the board one day a month so we can sew?!!!!!

Sounds like a great plan to me! But I'll need to go shopping for more Christas fabric... Good thing my LQS is having an inventory sale Friday!

Sounds fun to me. I will need to get some more Christmas fabric though. Maybe I can do that next week.

Good idea! I have about 6 so I'm in for one every two months

Blog Entries
    Sounds good to me. Maybe this way I'll actually get something Christmasy (is that a word??) done. Seems like by the time I get around to doing something it's too late.

Great idea, but i don't have much Christmas fabric, lol, i might be able to find some tho :)

Sounds like a really good idea...that way there isn't the pressure at Christmas time trying to finish up projects at the last minute.

Blog Entries
    I do have a question: Will we all be working on the same project each month, or is it a do your own thing each month sort of thing? I can forsee doing it both ways, maybe one month everyone making a tablerunner or some such thing, and then other months working on our own projects. What do others plan?

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    I've been going through my stuff trying to get organized (LOL) and I have all this Christmas fabric, panels, etc. Seems if I wait until closer to Christmas it never gets done because of all the other Christmas commitments so . . . I'm thinking of doing a Christmas project/block (not necessarily a gift for anyone, just busting the Christmas fabric) a month and wondering if anyone cares to join in. Falalalala.

Blog Entries
    Surely it doesn't have to be Christmas fabric, per se. I don't have much of that but have lots of reds, greens. My perception of the Christmas Project a month was to make *something* as a Christmas present. Did I misunderstand?

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I'm starting on next year's Christmas tomorrow....

That's my understanding too! I'm in! I have a bunch of half-finished, ready to be finished Christmas projects....some "Christmasy" fabric, some just Christmas projects! I promised my 5 kids and their "attachments" homemade stockings and tree skirts for 2011! So, I will have enough there without even having to come up with anything else. Oh yeah, and I want to make a tree skirt for myself and stockings for me, my DH and MIL and mom. Geez....I might have to finish twelve things a month!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    Surely it doesn't have to be Christmas fabric, per se. I don't have much of that but have lots of reds, greens. My perception of the Christmas Project a month was to make *something* as a Christmas present. Did I misunderstand?

This sounds like fun and a way to stay motivated. When are we starting?

Blog Entries
    I like this plan, also. As we get closer to the holidays I get overwhelmed and then end up doing nothing! I have at least 4 tree skirts ready to sew! I think I'll join this group.

I was thinking of doing my own thing, but I like your idea of doing the same project some months.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    I do have a question: Will we all be working on the same project each month, or is it a do your own thing each month sort of thing? I can forsee doing it both ways, maybe one month everyone making a tablerunner or some such thing, and then other months working on our own projects. What do others plan?

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn

I have a ton of Christmas fabric to use. I am in.

I'd like to see something with a tutorial to go with it. That way everyone has the option of learning something new each month...... Does this appeal to anyone?? Other than that, the idea of a once a month project appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by winter012
    I'd like to see something with a tutorial to go with it. That way everyone has the option of learning something new each month...... Does this appeal to anyone?? Other than that, the idea of a once a month project appeals to me.
    I agree. As a fairly new quilter I need to stretch.

Count me in. I need to start early on Christmas gifts. When are we starting?

I would be interested -- Please let me know what you decide?
    Thank you !

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast