Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas >

Christmas

Christmas

Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM

I have my list made but have not actually sewn anything yet. I did purchase a couple of things for gifts though so I guess that is a start. Seems like lots of people have hit a sewing slump lately - myself included. I did start cutting out some quilt blocks today so maybe I can get my mojo going . Hope you do too. :lol:
Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 PM

If I made something now chances are I would probably forget about it by Christmas. :oops: I usually make small items, like purses and little make up bags in November/December. Good for you for getting a head start!!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:16 PM

Ordered Dr. Seuss Christmas panels and I am waiting for flannel backing to arrive to make my little grandchildren cozy Christmas quilts to snuggle under. They both love the Grinch. Have also started a Christmas BOM from my LQS.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 PM

I shop and make things all year long. Hate to get stuck in the Christmas rush with all the late shoppers. I can enjoy myself once Thanksgiving is over and can concentrate on our own decorating, tree and all those lovely Christmas things.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by quilterj
I know that it may sound like it is too soon, but time is going fast. Has anyone started christmas gifts yet?
I myself have things in mind. But I have been in one of those slumps for the last 3 months. Hope to pull my head out of the sand here real soon.
Absolutely! I've got fabric assembled and sorted for making about 125 of the quilted star ornaments posted on GB last fall. They will be gifts for the kids at a church school in a tornado area. I completed three or so do determine how time consuming they'd be.

And last winter I put all my prints away for making another few dozen of the Christmas stocking mug rugs shown here. So, I can grab that bag and start at a moment's notice.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 AM

Thisis as far as I have gotten; just picking the center of the angel quilt that I want to do. I posted it elsewhere, but I have to design around it. I saw some quilts at the Omaha show thread that gave me ideas. I guess I need to start drawing it out.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-218382.jpe  
Old 06-29-2011, 02:14 AM

I started hand quilting one of my mom's quilts for her for christmas, she doesn't know as it's been in her closet unfinished for the last 10 years. I also have 3 other people I need to make quilts for and am planning patterns in my head. I'm going to need to get started soon!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 AM

May start some Christmas projects next month.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:47 AM

Who doesn't love Christmas in July??? Well almost! I definitely plan to start this summer. Last year I didn't get started until the week before Christmas and then sewed like a madwoman to get it all done!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:25 AM

I'm crocheting blankets right now for my grandbabies (6,7,8 yrs). I have also cut out a couple of throw size quilts but have not had time to piece them yet...Yikes!! It's almost July LOL