Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Cleaning a foot?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    I was using my old Kenmore today and I noticed my foot is greasy/dirty. How do I clean it? Its a snap on foot, so can I soak it?

  2. #2
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Have you tried a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or swab? i have cleaned some of mine that way.

  3. #3
    Super Member lisalovesquilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,659
    dish soap and toothbrush?

  4. #4
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Have you tried a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or swab? i have cleaned some of mine that way.
    I do it this way, but with a child's toothbrush.....

  5. #5
    Super Member Oklahoma Suzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home town: Rehoboth, MA Now living in OK
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    Have you tried a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or swab? i have cleaned some of mine that way.
    this is how I have done mine

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Ohhhh Thanks everyone. I'll do that now.

  7. #7
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    I was using my old Kenmore today and I noticed my foot is greasy/dirty. How do I clean it? Its a snap on foot, so can I soak it?
    Your feet snap on and off? WOW!! Mine are attached to my ankles and I just use plain soap and water. lol

    No, seriously....I would maybe soak it for a few minutes in some dish detergent.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    I was using my old Kenmore today and I noticed my foot is greasy/dirty. How do I clean it? Its a snap on foot, so can I soak it?
    Your feet snap on and off? WOW!! Mine are attached to my ankles and I just use plain soap and water. lol

    No, seriously....I would maybe soak it for a few minutes in some dish detergent.
    goofy lol

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    rochester,new york
    Posts
    594
    There is always one in the crowd. LOL

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by prezzy
    There is always one in the crowd. LOL
    Leave it to our Teri to be THE one lol

  11. #11
    Senior Member Machel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lancaster Pennsylvania
    Posts
    710
    Yep that would be her. Love you girl:) Hurry up and pack and get here before I have to leave :(

  12. #12
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Well? The title is Cleaning A Foot!
    I'm just telling you how I do it. lol

    According to "the powers that be"....we should have them Tuesday, but I don't believe them!

  13. #13
    Super Member Olivia's Grammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, GA
    Posts
    2,881
    Blog Entries
    1
    Monday was the first time I heard the term "ankle" I always thought the piece between the screw and the foot was called a shank. I've never cleaned my feet, didn't know they needed it. I'll be checking them tomorrow.

  14. #14
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    Monday was the first time I heard the term "ankle" I always thought the piece between the screw and the foot was called a shank. I've never cleaned my feet, didn't know they needed it. I'll be checking them tomorrow.
    Just sit down, raise your foot up to your knee and look. If you see dirt, then your foot/feet need cleaning! lol

  15. #15
    Super Member Olivia's Grammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, GA
    Posts
    2,881
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just sit down, raise your foot up to your knee and look. If you see dirt, then your foot/feet need cleaning! lol[/quote]
    Yep, time to clean the ankle/foot.Good thing I can get my foot that high.

    :lol:

  16. #16
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    Just sit down, raise your foot up to your knee and look. If you see dirt, then your foot/feet need cleaning! lol
    Yep, time to clean the ankle/foot.Good thing I can get my foot that high.

    :lol:[/quote]

    I was going to say that if you can't get your foot that high, have someone check for you. lol

  17. #17
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    I can't get mine that high so I guess they are ok. Right?????

  18. #18
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    ha ha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.