Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning Sewing Room >

Cleaning Sewing Room

Cleaning Sewing Room

Old 06-13-2011, 04:14 AM

I can relate!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:59 AM

This sounnds like me. I have started cleaning 3 times now to organize what I need to get done by Christmas. Well,l still am not sure what I am doing. I found some scraps so I just wanted to see how that would work in making my own blocks, then I had to cut a p patch just to see how it would look in a DpP and then I had to finish mending a blouse and then I gave up. I do not think we will ever be done organizing or cleaning
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 AM

I cleaned my quilt room a couple of weeks ago - found my DH's long lost wedding ring, which I'd put away in a 'safe' place during our last move & forgot where I'd put it! We moved over 5 1/2 years ago! This cleaning expedition paid off...he was looking to replace it till he saw how much gold rings are now! I also found an album of CD's I'd been looking for, for years, too! Moral of the story: CLEAN the quilt room at least once a year!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 AM

ROFLOL! This is exactly what has happened to me recently.
I started cleaning my sunroom "junkroom' two weeks ago. Oh my, the things I have found. However, I have taken four boxes of books (went to the library book sale), three boxes of old mags (went to the veteran's hospital), and three trash bags out of that room, not to mention about six bags for the mission trip yard sale at church. Lo and behold if I didn't find my birth and wedding certificate's that have been MIA for about 4 years. Now to start on the craft, yarn, sewing stuff. It feels great to finally free myself of all this stuff I don't need, can't use, don't want. I'm trying to stick to the adage, "if I have not used it in the last two years, out it goes."
May take me all summer, because after all, I have to go through everything, don't I? LOL
Old 06-13-2011, 05:52 AM

Oh good, I'm not alone :-)! I've been working on mine for 2 weeks, the more I work, the worse it gets. I'm not getting side tracked by sewing, I can't get to my sewing machines because I've "organized" the stuff in front and around them. My cutting table is piled with stuff and I have had to annex half of the office. At this rate I might get done by Christmas...or NOT!!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 AM

Oh, so true. I am in the process of re-folding all my stash. Came across a piece of fabric that was almost burlap in texture. What in the world did I plan on using this for? Then thought..I have enough small scraps gathered, so I will make the doggies a new bed out of it. Now doggies have a new bed and the stash still needs to be re-folded. Oh look!! A piece of dark green velvet..now what can I do with this? LOL
Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

It's almost like Christmas for you, finding all kinds of nice things you didn't realize you had. Have fun.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 AM

This QB is wonderful... I find out so many things and learn I'm no different than anyone else. I'm sitting here smiling over the comments that mirror my own actions and thinking when I clean my quilting room. Thank You to everyone on the board!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM

This whole thread is a classic. I plan to bookmark and read it over and over whenever I need to stop and laugh at myself. Thanks for posting, and thanks to all my sisters-in-quilt who typed the "just like me" responses. Ditto, ditto and ditto!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
I have a friend who refuses to show her quilting room to anyone who isn't a quilter. They just can't understand. When her sister came to visit she showed her the house for the first time but wouldn't let her into the quilting room. Obviously she isn't a quilter.
I needed to have some repair work done on heating ducts. on the way down the hall I asked him if his wife quilted. he said yes. I then said "then I don't have to explain this next room" He just laughed.... :D :D