Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clip N seal >

Clip N seal

Clip N seal

Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 AM

I think these might be an affordable alternative to Red Snappers or Leadergrips. I float my quilts, so I don't need to cram backing, batting, and top into the clips. If you use a backing that is a few inches longer than normal, or add some muslin if it's too short, you wouldn't need to worry about running into the edge with the machine.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:39 AM

Default Mondo Clips for loading quilt

Originally Posted by lowjane View Post
Has anyone tried these as a substitute for the red snappers

http://www.clip-n-seal.com/purchase.htm

I saw on a private blog that they were used and were 1/2 the cost., I am not sure as I have no one that I know who has tried them personally. I may be the first!

Jane
I have been using the mondo clips for years and love them. I like the long ones (about 44") because for most quilts I only need 2. I have however, cut one in half for slightly wider quilts. I DO NOT put the rods in the leaders. My leaders have zippers and I can load much better on the table than on the roller. Another reason for not inserting into leader is that the whole leader gets kind of unwieldy, especially when taking off zipper portion. I love that I don't get stuck anymore. I also had a puppy who would step the pins she could reach and chew off the plastic ends. Not good. She has outgrown that phase, thank heaven.

Barbara

Last edited by barbara33; 03-07-2017 at 11:39 AM. Reason: forgot signature