Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Clover Black Gold Needles

Red face Clover Black Gold Needles

I ordered and just received these #10 quilting needles and are they ever WONDERFUL. They quilt like a dream. I got 6 needles for $5.50 plus shipping but they are worth every penny.

Power Poster
    Good to know. Needles are not created equal.

Absolutely not, these are the best needles EVER! I use the quilting and applique needles for sewing in my quilt shop and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I even use them for RW embroidery.
    OzarksGma
    OzarksGma

Blog Entries
    The package I have the needles seem brittle. They snap with little effort. I may have gotten a bad batch.
    Got fabric?

I just got some of these too, but I can't seem to thread them. I'm trying to use them for hand applique with a DMC 8 thread. Am I crazy?? Can it really be done?

Quote Originally Posted by sally6781 View Post
    I just got some of these too, but I can't seem to thread them. I'm trying to use them for hand applique with a DMC 8 thread. Am I crazy?? Can it really be done?
    The only way I can thread mine is with a needle threader. I only use YLI for hand quilting. Don't know if that makes a difference.

i use an automatic clover needle threader with mine. I love these needles!

Yep, love mine too. I haven't had issues with the black ones being brittle, but I have with the regular Clover ones.

Blog Entries
    Large eye or small eye, short or long. I use these and prefer the large eye short length but I have found I'm the only one in my area who does. So many people dislike the small length. I have found that using the longer length I tend to bend. It.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    I ordered another package of the Black Gold. I used one from the package I already had and it snapped in less then a minute sewing.
    Got fabric?

I got some from my LQS and after using, think they are not as good as I had hoped. I used a couple and they both were brittle and broke. never again, too expensive to have them break with not much use...

Oh, I stumbled on these on a trip to Kansas to visit my son in the Air Force. We had driven two days and as we came into Wichita, there was a Quilt shop on my side of the car. I said, "Honey, you need to get out and walk before we get to the base and here is a wonderful place to stop." We got out, went into the store and I asked about those needles, got 2 packages and loved them. I have ordered them on line two or three times since then. They are wonderful.
    Busy in Ohio

Oh, yes, I did "have" to buy some fabric also.....we had plenty of room in the car ;-)
    Busy in Ohio