Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clover Mini irons

I've had mine in a drawer for about 8 years. I usually use a small travel iron for individual blocks and the regular iron for larger surfaces. Maybe I should get mine out and heat it a couple of times to see if it's worth the trouble. It seems to be one of those many must have gadgets that you end up not using very much.

I purchased one and the on/off button broke off the first time I tried to use it. Just went back to my little travel Black and Decker which does a great job.

Blog Entries
    I use a coffee cup as well for my iron. However, I turn the cup on the side with the handle holding it off the table and stick the point inside the cup. I am such a clutz that I would hit my myself with the tip or stick it upside down in the cup and the botton would get really hot on the table.

I really like mine, expecially for small seams, etc.

I have one and it works fine. I got a piece of 2x4 about 5 or 6 inches long and glue the stand on the end of it and put a small piece of wood on the other end with a small half circle and it holds my little iron just fine and was cheap to make.also cut a piece of felt the same size and glued it to the bottom

I have one that I bought at a garage sale. Used it for the first time this week for an applique class. I remember others suggesting the mug for holding it. I tried that and the mug kept falling over. When I was at Goodwill I saw a glass plate made to hold an ear of corn. Thought that this might work to lay the whole iron in. Haven't tried it yet.

Pat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2