Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clumsy me >

Clumsy me

Clumsy me

Old 01-11-2011, 05:33 PM

I dropped my iron about 2 weeks ago it bounced a couple times a button popped out and it was able to put it back in. It worked well until last night when it leaked all over my wall hanging quilt. It scorched the border only rip rip rip.
There is always light at the end of the dark tunnel. I ordered a Oliso iron today e-bay. I have the beginning of arthritis in my shoulder and lifting an iron repeatly does it no favors. I can't wait for its arrival.
:) :) 8-)
Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM

I hope the new iron is better for you.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 PM

I love this iron. You just have to touch the iron and it goes down on its own and when you remove your hand up it goes!! :lol:
Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish
I dropped my iron about 2 weeks ago it bounced a couple times a button popped out and it was able to put it back in. It worked well until last night when it leaked all over my wall hanging quilt. It scorched the border only rip rip rip.
There is always light at the end of the dark tunnel. I ordered a Oliso iron today e-bay. I have the beginning of arthritis in my shoulder and lifting an iron repeatly does it no favors. I can't wait for its arrival.
:) :) 8-)
Which Oliso model did you get?
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM

I got the Pro Steam Model TG1600
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 PM

Wow - nice iron - I will be adding it to me wish list
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 PM

I'd love to give one of those a try ...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:04 PM

Lizzytish - been there, done that. Dropped two different irons and broke them. Of course they leaked...so I replaced them. I don't like using a broken appliance that runs on electricity and uses water. After I dropped the 2nd iron, I bought the cheapest iron I could find. I also bought one of those silicone iron shaped pads and now rest my iron on that, face down. So far, so good.

Shoulder - are you sure it's arthritis? I've had two surgeries on my right shoulder. 1st was for a spur that was tearing into the muscles. It was much better after surgery, but never felt good, if you know what I mean. Finally went back to the DR (2 years later) because the pain was becoming really bad. Another MRI, another surgery. This time I had a torn rotator cuff.

Again, surgery improved the shoulder greatly, but I am resigned to the fact that it will never be 100% pain free.

Hope your shoulder feels better.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Enjoy your Oliso! I scorched my friend's ironing board after I got my Oliso because her poor iron just laid there and didn't stand up!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 AM

Enjoy your Oliso. I love mine and have to really think when I'm using an iron at retreats so as tto not leave it sitting instead of standing on end.

mltquilt