Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
color class >

color class

color class

Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 AM

Default color class

I had the priviledge of attending a class in Chantilly, VA this past week-end with my daughter. Weeks Ringler taught the class on how to use color in your quilts. I wasn't sure I would like the class because Weeks creates modern quilts and I am a true traditionist. I absolutely loved the class! She brought so many quilts to the class that she used to explain her thinking on the use of color to enhance a quilt. Her quilting patterns are simplistic but the way she uses color makes the quilt spectacular. If you ever have the opportunity to take one of her classes, RUN to sign up.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:25 AM

Good to know! Goes to show even if styles and interests differ in some areas, quilters can always find common ground. So glad you found the class worthwhile AND you have a quilting daughter to share it with!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM

I took her class on Craftsy. Were you at the Quilt Show in Dulles Expo? I was too. It was my first time going to a Quilt Show and I was so impressed and humbled at the same time...
Originally Posted by PAKate View Post
I had the priviledge of attending a class in Chantilly, VA this past week-end with my daughter. Weeks Ringler taught the class on how to use color in your quilts. I wasn't sure I would like the class because Weeks creates modern quilts and I am a true traditionist. I absolutely loved the class! She brought so many quilts to the class that she used to explain her thinking on the use of color to enhance a quilt. Her quilting patterns are simplistic but the way she uses color makes the quilt spectacular. If you ever have the opportunity to take one of her classes, RUN to sign up.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:53 PM

Yes, the class was at the Dulles Expo Center and sponsored by Quilters Unlimited of northern Virginia.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:34 PM

A few minths ago I saw an exhibit of her and her husband's work at a small Wisconsin quilt museum. Tbey were stunnung. whenthe pattern is simple the color has to carry the day.

I also took her Craftsy class and enjoyed it. Met her at Wisconsin Wuilt Expo.

They have a couple of books but the neatest one is on transperancy in quilts.

Can you tall I am a fan?