Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Comparing Juki DX 2000 QVP and Baby Lock Soprano >

Comparing Juki DX 2000 QVP and Baby Lock Soprano

Comparing Juki DX 2000 QVP and Baby Lock Soprano

Old 08-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Default Comparing Juki DX 2000 QVP and Baby Lock Soprano

We've been sewing machine shopping. The machine will be used exclusively for piecing and straight-line quilting. I learned that I can't manage the side-insert bobbins (due to impaired finger function), so the straight-stitch only powerhouse machines (which I was hoping for) are out of the question. I will definitely need a drop-in bobbin.

We've zeroed in on the Baby Lock Soprano and the Juki DX 2000 QVP, and I wondered if anyone here uses either of these two machines, and if you have any issues, or outstanding things you like about them. They both have 8.5 inches of throat space, but I think the Juki is about an inch higher.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

I don't have either machine, so can't comment. However, I did find 3 reviews for the Juki and 4 reviews for the Baby Lock at patternreview.com . These are reviews from people who have purchased and used the machine. You need to create a login (free) in order to read the reviews, but here's where you can do the search:
https://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/fuzzysearch.pl
Old 08-15-2017, 11:11 AM

If you find that you like them equally well, then I would go for the one that has the biggest throat in terms of both height and width.

Rob
Old 11-20-2017, 07:28 PM

Default Soprano vs juki dx 2000qvp

You may have already purchased your new machine but I wanted to give my thoughts. I initially brought home the baby Lock soprano. Sewed on her for 2 weeks and just hated it. Luckily my dealer let me return it for full price to trade in for the Juki. I've had the juki now for a month and I am in love with this machine!!!! It powers through any thick seam I throw at it. It also does it like a silent stick of butter. I'm a juki girl now. Also picked up the juki tl 2200 qvp mini. My second love! Kiki is truly where it's at. I felt the baby Lock was mostly name hype quite frankly. Although there are many who would disagree with me. I think everyone needs to try them out and feel which one feels right to you before buying. Happy quilting! And seeing! 😃

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
We've been sewing machine shopping. The machine will be used exclusively for piecing and straight-line quilting. I learned that I can't manage the side-insert bobbins (due to impaired finger function), so the straight-stitch only powerhouse machines (which I was hoping for) are out of the question. I will definitely need a drop-in bobbin.

We've zeroed in on the Baby Lock Soprano and the Juki DX 2000 QVP, and I wondered if anyone here uses either of these two machines, and if you have any issues, or outstanding things you like about them. They both have 8.5 inches of throat space, but I think the Juki is about an inch higher.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:31 PM

One of my friends has a Juki and she Loves the machine. I think the only thing she would like to change on it is the size of the throat.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-21-2017 at 03:43 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS