Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Comparing Solids from Different Manufacturers >

Comparing Solids from Different Manufacturers

Comparing Solids from Different Manufacturers

Old 01-02-2023, 09:23 AM

Default Comparing Solids from Different Manufacturers

Hello all, I have yet to find a concise comparison of the different solid lines offered by different fabric manufacturers.

Has anyone put together a little explanation of how one differs from another? I am particularly interested in the feel of the solid fabric...is one more soft, or more drapey than another etc.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:38 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Hello all, I have yet to find a concise comparison of the different solid lines offered by different fabric manufacturers.

Has anyone put together a little explanation of how one differs from another? I am particularly interested in the feel of the solid fabric...is one more soft, or more drapey than another etc.
I found several doing a Google search for

compare solid cotton quilting fabric

Stitched in Color, SewCanShe, CorianderQuilts, CluckCluckSew are the first few hits in the results and compare different mfrs/lines/etc.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:19 PM

The feel of the fabric changes after washing, so that is hard for me to predict. Something that has the feel that I like can change. I do have my favorite mfg site and find Norcott fabrics feel great, but usually don't have what I'm looking for.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:17 PM

Each vendor will have different color palettes from another vendor. I would visit a large quilt shop and take a look at the choices. Compare color to similar color. Red to red, blue to blue, for example. Kona Cotton will not exactly match a different vendor color palette, for example. It is a personal choice of what appeals to the buyer. The shop may have vendor specific color cards to look at. The “hand” ( the feel) of each vendor may differ. I find Kona to feel thinner than my fave vendor, Maywood.

BTW. Every mfgr has a solids line.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

I’ve had colour changes between bolts from the same company. I would want to in person compare colours myself.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

I like the Robert Kaufman Kona solids. Many, many colors to choose from and I feel a good quality. (Not affiliated in any way)
365 Kona Color Card Kona Kona Cotton Solids K001C719 - Etsy

Old 01-02-2023, 06:16 PM

There’s many brands of solids. Many designers have their own, too.