Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Confetti Cottons >

Confetti Cottons

Confetti Cottons

Old 11-17-2023, 03:53 AM

Default Confetti Cottons

When using a solid fabric, the majority of us probably have chosen Moda's Kona Cotton or Bella Cottons. Does anyone have experience with Riley Blakes Confetti Cotton? Is it a nice weave, does it ravel like mad? It seems to come in a pretty good array of colors and I'm thinking of adding some to my stash and is on sale at $5 Bucks a Yard today. Pretty much the same price as Kona when it's on sale.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:05 AM

I would think the brand would be reasonable and I love a sale. On the other hand, I do prefer buying the same colors from the same brands so I can use up bits from other projects. I can definitely see color and weave and other differences between brands, or at least when mixed into my solids scrap box.

While I loved the overall consistency of color (I have some quibbles with weaves over time), I made a decision a few years ago to switch from Kona to American Made brand because it fits in better with some of my general preferences. It can be slightly hard to find, but some Joann carry it in store. Missouri Quilting Company carries I think the full range of colors and has info on the product/company (lol now easier to find here than on the Clothworks website:
https://www.missouriquiltco.com/coll...ct_type:Fabric

Old 11-17-2023, 09:56 AM

The Confetti Cottons are wonderfully soft when washed. I've bought some for planned quilts (choices base on color), but haven't used them yet, so can't comment on how much they fray.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:25 AM

A few years ago now, I did a non-scientific experiment with several brands of solid white fabrics. I did it because I was so annoyed with the fraying from Kona. My absolute favorite fabric is Art Gallery; Riley Blake Confetti is almost, but not quite, as smooth as AGF. In the end, Kona was the only one I absolutely will not use again. AGF is my favorite, and the rest were quite similar.

You can see my album here. Be sure to read the description under the title "Comparing Whites". Then, when you click on the pictures/videos, you'll see any more specific comments. This is posted in Facebook, but as it is a public album, you do not need to have a FB account to see it. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2001936&type=3