Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Fabric >

Connecting Threads Fabric

Connecting Threads Fabric

Old 09-30-2016, 05:51 AM

love connecting threads fabric! At our quilt club we use a lot of their fabric for our donation quilts. About twice a year when the fabric is on sale we order some especially to use for backings.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:05 AM

I have a quilt that includes some of their mirage fabric and it's wearing a bit odd - the print is coming off in the spots that are highest and get rubbed the most.

That's about the worst thing I can say about their fabrics, after using them for about 3 years. I buy their solids all the time. They fray a little bit easier than something like Kona, but it's good thick fabric and once its in the quilt it looks great and wears very well. The price is fantastic and I like that their thread colors match. Easy to find thread that will "vanish", if that's what you're after. Never had a bleeder from them either, not even a batik.

I love their thread for quilting, too. For piecing I use thinner thread, but for quilting I LOVE their cotton thread. It's thicker than my piecing thread so it shows up better, it comes in a ton of colors, and I've never found a knot or had any other quality issues with it. And the price can't be beat - I wait until they have a sale and stock up; I believe I have at least one spool of every single color they offer. It's really handy to have such a varied thread stash on hand! And they have variegated thread now, which I think is fun to use on a meander.

I use their big polyester cones, too. I use cotton in my quilts, but for utility sewing and mending I tend to use polyester; and it does very well in my high-speed industrial machine too.

OH, and their flannel!! I LOVE their flannel, can't believe I almost forgot to mention it. It's really thick and soft and fuzzy, and so far it hasn't pilled up on me at all. It's my absolute favorite flannel, never found any I like better. It makes me wish I lived somewhere colder so I could have my flannel quilt on the bed year-round!

Also, no order from CT is complete without at LEAST one pair of the little snip scissors with the purple handles. Very sharp, very nice little scissors - I use mine for all sorts of things, including for removing seams. I buy them all the time - I like to keep them all over the house and also I give them away when a visiting sewing friend borrows them and falls in love. They're great little scissors.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:06 AM

I have never been disappointed and order from them frequently.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:18 AM

happy with my purchases, also like the reasonable pricing on shipping- doesn't take long to have it FREE!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:39 AM

I have bought from them and been very happy with the fabrics I have bought. Love the kits I have from them, plenty of fabric for the project and great instructions.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:13 PM

I really like their thread. I've purchased color sets and been very happy with them. Nice way to get a variety of colors at an acceptable price.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:36 PM

I buy from them all the time and I `m in Canada...reasonable prizes...I buy fabric, batting and backings.
Originally Posted by Bozatron View Post
Hi all,

I was hoping to get your opinion on Connecting Thread fabric. It seems very reasonably priced and so wanted to know what you all thought of the quality of it, and whether it is good to make a quilt with.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2016, 01:43 PM

They had a phone center, warehouse and retail store here. Relocated, to the Midwest? Better tax situation. Plus our minimum is high. Miss them. Loved it when they started carrying their own line of thread.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:35 PM

I am also a user of Connecting Threads. I'm disappointed that they don't have any batiks. Wonder if they are going to get some more??? Anyone know?

I buy their cotton thread in basic colors by the cone. Such a fantastic buy! Their fabric has always been great too.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:52 AM

I have ordered from Connecting Threads many,many times. Only once was I disappointed and when I called them to tell them about the fabric I received, they gave me the entire amount back AND told me to keep the whole order. Only a portion was what I was not happy with but they gave me a credit on my charge for everything. I view that as a dealer who wants happy customers. I have ordered from they since and will continue to do so. They are great!