Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
connecting threads package is here! >

connecting threads package is here!

connecting threads package is here!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM

I loove there thread packs and there patterns oh did I mention there fabric :D :D
Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 PM

I have bought a tremendous amount of fabric from Connecting Threads in the last 6 weeks.
I have been so happy with every piece!
It washes and dries beautifully. I took it out of the dryer, just smoothed it with my hands as I folded it. Needed no ironing at all.
I bought just about every batik they carry, but haven't washed them yet. They were only $5.96 per yd but I didn't think they were worth more than that.
They will be fine for the practice bargellows I want to make.
Happy quilting everyone.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM

I bought the samplers of batiks from Connecting Threads too.
The batiks are quite thin, I have found,and I will need to add something to them to use with other batiks. The colors are lovely but I will not order them in yardage. Didn't we have this discussion before? I thank anyone who can steer me back to it.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM

I have had reds bleed from connecting threads. I soak them in very hot water and rince them until the water is clear. I lay them out to dry after I wrap them in a bath towel and let them air dry around the house. They dry overnight.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Fabrics have a sizing on them, so I usually wash all fabrics before cutting and sewing. Except if using charms or jelly rolls. To test a fabric, take a piece of white cloth dampened and rub on the fabric. If the color comes off, it will probably run. Then I use the vinegar and salt method to set the color. What is "color catcher"? I've never heard of that and where does one find it?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 PM

Grocery stores sell Color Catchers usually where the soap, starch, and those kind of items are, also JoAnn's sells a different kind & it is really great too. It is a cloth & can be used over about 20 or so times, it will tell you on the box the exact time can be used. Since I don't live by a JoAnn's anymore I use the color catchers & I've never had any trouble of dye running.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by tlp
my sister (who got me addicted to quilting) told me about connectingthreads.com. they had charm packs very reasonably priced so i ordered some. now my question - a lot of them have reds in them. do i wash them first? would hand washing be ok to do since they are already cut?
I would wash them first, but that is a personal preference. Putting them in mesh laundry bags like you would use for delicate items would be a good idea.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM

I love fabric from connecting thread, I use them all the time. :thumbup: :thumbup: I can go crazy when I order from them, I get carried away.Order to much lol :evil:
Old 10-14-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by tlp
my sister (who got me addicted to quilting) told me about connectingthreads.com. they had charm packs very reasonably priced so i ordered some. now my question - a lot of them have reds in them. do i wash them first? would hand washing be ok to do since they are already cut?
I usually pre-wash. I guess it is a preference.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 PM

What a shame they dont ship to Australia :(