Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Sept Catalogue

Really excited about the new fabrics in the CT catalogue. I think someone is getting really smart in carrying fabrics we all need at such a good price. (blenders, etc.) :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I just got the Keepsake Quilting magazine also.....drool, drool. I have to hold myself back. I have so many UFO's and WIP's and specific fabric for projects. Does any one else have the problem of keep on buying when there is still projects to be done? It drives me crazy! As I drool once again over the Bali Pops page....
    Got my keepsake catalog yesterday. All the prettystuff! I already have soooooo many half done projects! But that probably won't deter me from buying more.

Blog Entries
    I love their shipping boxes. They are just the right size to use for Christmas present boxes or mailings. I have MANY of them saved.

Hm. Guess I'll have to dig mine out of the recycling bin.

How can I get a Connecting Threads Catalog? I am a new quilter and am open to anything that involves quilting. THANKS

Blog Entries
    You fill out a form on their website to receive the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    How can I get a Connecting Threads Catalog? I am a new quilter and am open to anything that involves quilting. THANKS
    Go to connectingthreads.com and they have a place there on the website to sign up for the catalog. Same with Keepsake Quilting.

Oh, and if you have never ordered from Fat Quarter Shop, they are great too! And fabulous boxes that they use for mailing!!

:thumbup:

go to there site and there is a place on there you can request a catalog

do you really want to start looking at there stuff it's addicting LOL LOL i promise but if your smart go to the sale or clearance page the discontinued the fabric often so it can be as low as 3.00 the draw back is it may sell out before it goes on sale they only make a limited amount.happy quilting

memathomas

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Haven't got Connecting Threads yet but I got KeepSake Quilting. Call me crazy but I save them to thumb through even though I can go online and see the same thing.
    I got both catalog's. And I won't call you crazy because I have saved a Keepsake catalog for over 20 years. Even if you can't order from it, it still gives lots of ideas.

Blog Entries
    I'm with you QuiltsRfun. Thumbing thru them when I am looking to make a new quilt and am not sure of which color scheme, or pattern I want to work on or just because I need a quilt fix, lol.

Blog Entries
    Go to their website and sign up for catalog.
    It's worh it, you might buy something, but looking at the ideas is the best part.

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by alica1367
    I just got my newest CT cat. Wow. They now have solids, blenders, and batiks. The blenders they call mirage. Great price too. $3.96 for Bl. and Mirage, and $5.96 for batiks. Large selection of colors too.
    You need to check out Quilt in a day.com. They have "Fabric Frenzie" for about $3.75 per yard and alot of selections. I ordered a bunch just today for a Bargellow quilt pattern. What a bargain. Sophie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tooMuchFabric
    Go to their website and sign up for catalog.
    It's worh it, you might buy something, but looking at the ideas is the best part.
    I've tried repeatedly to order a catalog, but the link must be broken. I fill out the form and click on the button but absolutely NOTHING happens. Too bad, I'd just love to see one.

shop on line and see what they have i will let them know it's broken.

memathomas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I just got the Keepsake Quilting magazine also.....drool, drool. I have to hold myself back. I have so many UFO's and WIP's and specific fabric for projects. Does any one else have the problem of keep on buying when there is still projects to be done? It drives me crazy! As I drool once again over the Bali Pops page....
    Are you kidding? That's the definition of "A Quilter". That's what makes it so much fun. Much of my inspiration comes from my stash, pieces I bought just because I liked them; it may be years before an idea all comes together :lol:

Blog Entries
    I just received my Keepsake Quilting and Connection threads catalogs! I love them both and I have to hold myself back or I would order and I have so many kits and fabric that I could stay busy for 20 years! :)

Blog Entries
    I just received the kit "Simply Sunflowers" from Keepsake. The fabric is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleberry
    Yes, I got my Connecting Threads catalog today and I always buy fabric when I have tons already. It is such a serious problem to have and I'm not able to fix it.
    Jingleberry, let me know if you figure out how to fix the fabric addiction as I have it too! Sure is fun! 8-)

I am REALLY excited about CT's new Blenders and Batiks. I recently ordered a LOT of their new "Mirage" Blenders and enough Batiks to make a new handbag. Fell in love with Lazy Girls new "Margo Handbag", and will be using some of the beautiful blue and purple Batiks to make it. Waiting patiently for my CT order. I'll let you all know what I think of their new fabs when they arrive.

Now, off to sell some more of my things in our Ads section. New things in means something must go. :lol:

Karla

I love the samples they display.

I ordered somethings from KQ in July....one item was back ordered to ship Aug. 5. Still have not received and when I emailed them, they said it wouldn't ship for 2-3 more weeks. Unacceptable, will not order from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Haven't got Connecting Threads yet but I got KeepSake Quilting. Call me crazy but I save them to thumb through even though I can go online and see the same thing.
    There is something to be said for sitting down with a book or magazine .... much more relaxing than staring at a computer screen!

I can't wait to order... my catalogue is already marked with fabric I want. I just visited the only Joanne's in Omaha, Ne and don't know if I will go back... it was awful... couldn't even get a rotary cutter blade... they say they are moving... but I wonder how much business they will loose in the meantime...

Hi Everyone,

I just received my CT order today, and I must say I am quite pleased!! :thumbup:

I have to agree with another poster's comment (Eddie, maybe) that mentioned that the colors on their website are a bit different that what I'm seeing in person. Still, they're all beautiful. The Mirage (blenders) greens - I ordered 5 different greens, seem to run a bit darker than CT's shows on their websites. Granted, any of us could have a bit of color variance on our screens. The blues seemed close on some, others (I ordered 6) seem to be quite a different hue. The Strawberry was darker, the Tea Rose right on. I found the Mirage Antique much darker in person. Still, I am very pleased.

Their Batiks are absolutely gorgeous, have a nice silky hand to them, but their colors are a bit different in person, too. I understand though, that no two pieces are going to look exactly alike. I ordered several for a new handbag, and they will work wonderfully.

I only ordered two Solids; the Carrot was right on, the Marigold was a bit darker in person. All of the Mirage colors have their description stamped in the selvage like most other fabrics. I didn't see any stamps on the Solid selvages, but I only ordered 1/2 yard of two of them, so they might be stamped. All fabrics that I ordered did have a sticky tag adhered describing the fabric type, name and number.

I also ordered one of their Prairie Stacks, a package of 24 - 10" squares. They feel very nice, too.

I will get to try out their Customer Service department on Monday, as one fabric came with what appears to be several 1" ink marks or something similar on it. From what I've been hearing, I have complete confidence that this issue will be remedied. Oh, and I do plan to ask if other folks have mentioned fabric colors not running true. As we know though, this can happen with any shop, so if it is something they can fix on their end, I imagine they will.

Again, I am very happy with the fabrics I've received, and I do plan to wash them up before using them, so I may have more to report on the "after-wash" later. :D This will be my first experience working with any of CT's fabrics.

Karla

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast