Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads >

Connecting Threads

Connecting Threads

Old 03-21-2011, 05:14 AM

I used their charm packs to make quilts for Christmas. I did have some fraying on the edges, more than with Moda charm packs. But they have held up really nice. The colors haven't faded at all. I will continue to by from CT as long as I can afford to. I just know to be more cautious with the edges.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:25 AM

I heard so many good things I ordered a few yards as a trial, and some thread in colors that I need for a landscape project. Can't wait until it gets here - maybe today!![/quote]

You will love the threads.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Wow - out all of the jillions of comments and subjects I have seen on this board - I think this is the first one I have ever seen to get 100% positive feedback. Going to have to try this place, too! :-)
Marysewfun
Old 03-21-2011, 03:29 PM

I just placed my first order with them, fabric and cotton thread.

:P
Old 03-21-2011, 03:35 PM

Sewbiz,
If you are not happy with your fabric then contact,Connecting Threads.
You need to let them know about the problem you are having,they can't do anything about it till you tell them.
Dusty
Old 03-22-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I just got my first order from CT and was initially very pleased. I bought an assortment of half-yard cuts, mostly the "Canning Day" line and some Civil War repros. A couple of the pieces were cut *exactly* 18", but several were cut much more generously, like 22"-- as though two different people were cutting my order. When I washed the fabrics, however, my opinion of them changed. They frayed much, much more than any other fabric I have washed. I got fray from between 1/4" to 3/8", and one blue print, seen on my hand in the photo below, frayed a full 1/2" on each cut end! That was one of the pieces that was cut to exactly 18", and it now measures 16.75" between the frays. Because of the other pieces that were cut more generously, I will not complain.

I found the fabric quality a little coarse. I'm not sure if they intended that for the reproduction prints I ordered, as it does make them look more like real feed sack fabric.

Overall, I'm not sure I will order from CT again.
I always serge my fabric if I'm going to wash it. It prevents any fraying, and only takes a few minutes.
I don't have a serger, but I do have an overcast stitch on my Pfaff that works well on raw edges...I use it on denim patches that I use to repair blown-out knees on little boys' jeans! :)
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Love, Love, Love Connecting Threads! Got a new order over the weekend with fabric and the bright thread set of 15 colors and can't wait to try them.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:35 PM

JoJo47 - I also use the overcast a lot on my Pfaff - sometimes I don't feel like threading 4 spools on the serger and I think the Pfaff does a good job and I tend to pay more attention to color blending my overcast.
Marysewfun
Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Marysewfun
JoJo47 - I also use the overcast a lot on my Pfaff - sometimes I don't feel like threading 4 spools on the serger and I think the Pfaff does a good job and I tend to pay more attention to color blending my overcast.
Marysewfun
I do the same, Mary!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:37 AM

Love CT. Their kits and fabric are just great. Next I will try their threads.