Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Website

Ordered batiks twice from them and find although the feel is thinner than what I usually buy, the texture is silky. I've never really felt silky batik, it's usually pretty stiff. It worked up well in my projects so no complaints there. It is a bit different in color from what they show, so if you're trying to match some other fabric it may not, even if it's another fabric from them. Was shipped in record time. I'd order again!
    bev.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltease
    Ordered batiks twice from them and find although the feel is thinner than what I usually buy, the texture is silky. I've never really felt silky batik, it's usually pretty stiff. It worked up well in my projects so no complaints there. It is a bit different in color from what they show, so if you're trying to match some other fabric it may not, even if it's another fabric from them. Was shipped in record time. I'd order again!
    bev.
    I agree completely. They are a bit thinner than some of the brand name batiks...but they are really soft. I've used them in a quilt along side regular cotton fabrics. In one instance, I used a CT batik right beside a Northcott fabric both running the length and width of the quilt for the borders. You cannot tell by feel that they are any different at all, of course, you'd know its a batik because you can see it...but the feel is soooooo soft.

I recently ordered a bunch of their batiks and she is right - the colours on the website photos are off. I found the real thing to be much more vibrant. Luscious, even. Very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    i'm the odd one out, i don't care for their fabrics/batiks, thread, or customer service.

i find their fabric to be very thin, their cotton thread makes so much lint, and the customer service - for me - wasn't the best either.
    I've been unimpressed as well.

I haven't ordered any of their batiks, but have ordered from them in the past. Everything has always been nice and service is good. Check out the free patterns section too. I thought several of them were good and saved em.

Can't say enough positive things about them. Great place. Have had very good luck in all that I have purchased.

Absolutely! Their fabric is great, their thread is wonderful and their shipping is fast. I ordered batik charms to see if they were up to quality and they are great. I have never been disappointed in anything I have ordered from them.

Blog Entries
    I've ordered from Connecting Threads several times and have been very happy. The quality is good and customer service wonderful.

Another great site is Missouri Star Quilt, although they are more expensive but beautiful quality and probably the best customer service I have EVER encountered.

Yes, I love their batiks. Just started a pineapple quilt using the batiks and black. The fabric is really nice. I also get the essentials threads from them. Use them all the time.

I've NEVER heard a bad word about anything that's been purchased from Connecting Threads. My first order was sent in yesterday...

Blog Entries
    I've purchased from them many times and have always had a good experience, and good quality.

I have been reading about "seconds" from Connecting Needles and for the life of me I cannot find the listing anywhere on their website. Yes, I have my glasses on! Thanks for help.

Their fabric and service I feel is the best around. You will not be disappointed :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPaw
    So I saw the post on Connecting Threads "seconds" and took a look at their new Batiks. The price is very good compared to my local fabric shop. So, my question to all is, if you ordered from Connecting Threads were you happy with the quality of the Batik or any new material in general?

Thanks in advance for your responses...
    ALWAYS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scgstitcher
    I have been reading about "seconds" from Connecting Needles and for the life of me I cannot find the listing anywhere on their website. Yes, I have my glasses on! Thanks for help.
    Click on "Clearance." The first selection on the left is "Fabric Seconds."

Yes, I have always been happy.

Blog Entries
    Anything I have ordered from them has been great and the service is wonderful.

Blog Entries
    Liked their fabric. Heard batiks weren't such great quality. Thread was awful in my machine. Broke often, and much too linty. Others love the thread.

Along with everyone else, yes - great service, wonderful fabrics, fantastic thread. Only thing you have to watch is colors because I've found they aren't always exactly what is printed in the catalog and on their web site- don't order hoping to match something you have because it might not.

I was very pleased with what I ordered from them. No complaints and the service was great.

I have purchased some of their batiks & found them to be good quality. Maybe not as good as the higher priced batiks, but certainly better than anything I have ever found at Joanns, Hancocks, or Hobby Lobby!

i like their fabrics but have found the batiks a bit on the thin side. perhaps it's just the lack of wax some of the other batiks i've worked with seem to still have.

the thread is great for the price.

i've never tried the "seconds" so have no opinion. the stuff in the clearance is priced so low why go to seconds?
    i've been happy with the quick delivery & customer service. give them a try. ultimately, it's up to you what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPaw
    So I saw the post on Connecting Threads "seconds" and took a look at their new Batiks. The price is very good compared to my local fabric shop. So, my question to all is, if you ordered from Connecting Threads were you happy with the quality of the Batik or any new material in general?

Thanks in advance for your responses...
    I have ordered quite a lot of fabric from ct. Some is a little courser than others. Some is quite silky just like lqs fabric. If I buy sale fabric for backs or whatever I don't care too much about texture. For other fabric choices I order a charm pack to see what it is like. In general I really like all their products

Blog Entries
    I just received my first order of batiks from Connecting Threads. I was amazed that the "hand" feels just like the fabric I paid 10.95 a yard. I will definately order from them again! :thumbup:

No problems for me and the service and shipping is great

Quote Originally Posted by kathome
    I've ordered from Connecting Threads several times and have been very happy. The quality is good and customer service wonderful.

Another great site is Missouri Star Quilt, although they are more expensive but beautiful quality and probably the best customer service I have EVER encountered.
    WOW Missouri Star Quilt is very close to me. I live in the KC Mo area on the KS side.

Thanks for the tip Karen...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast