Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Considering dropping Crafter's Choice Account

Blog Entries
    I'm looking for some feedback on this, but I am currently inclined to cancel my Crafter's Choice book club membership. I have not been too happy with most of their monthly selections and have ordered very few books from them since my introductory shipment. They also really love to ship you books that you don't want and then really drag with crediting your account when you send the shipment back to them. I have also noticed lately that even their "members only" prices are a bit high. I just ordered a OBW book from Overstock.com for $15, Crafter's Choice wants $22 for same book. I also found it cheaper on Amazon and Connecting Threads websites. Can anyone think of a really great reason to keep my account? - I'm at a loss here.

I think most "book clubs" are the same way...Personally, I would drop the membership if you see no advantage to having it. Be prepared for them to beg you not to quit. :O)

I feel the same way. Their choices stink and I just may drop out too.

I dropped mine as soon as I fulfilled the requirement. I didn't care for their choices either and yes they were slow to credit for returns. I was happy with the introductory books tho.

I don't join book clubs for that same reason. If I want a certain book, I will buy it myself when I want to.

Blog Entries
    i dropped mine as soon as my agreement was fulfilled, it seemed like i was charged way more than i should have been (member prices not what the catalog said) and shipping was ridiculous! i found it was a huge waste of my money to keep that membership...no real benifits

I dropped out of Crafters Choice as most of their books weren't of interest to me or were expensive. I don't miss them.

Power Poster
    I think you answered your own question.

If you've done what you have to do - and can get books you WANT for less from another source - that seems to be an adequate reason to terminate the relationship.

Blog Entries
    I just ordered two books to be my Christmas present. I got a good deal on them. One book was $10 and the other was $4.99 with 8 points and free shipping on my order yesterday. I have full-filled my commitment and will be canceling my account. Thanks to Amazon and other places, I can get my books much cheaper.

I dropped mine recently too. More than once I got the monthly selection, which I had declined when I got the note online to do so. Like you, I find most books cheaper elsewhere, & they seem to carry less & less new quilting books. So, it was time, & I fully agree with you dropping them...

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree with everybody else. You can get better deals elsewhere.

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    I'm afraid I don't have a good idea to keep your account. I had one with them a couple years ago. They did the same thing with me (always sending books I didn't ask for even though I sent my response card back right away). I cancelled my acccount and I continue to receive info to sign up. If I were you, I'd cancel. :thumbdown:

I dropped out years ago. Their books are either not interesting, or way to spendy! Can buy elsewhere for less.

Banned
    you have given the best reasons to drop the account. If you can't fully use the service then don't pay for it. Same for fabric clubs. If you can't use a mixed up assortement of 5" squares then they are useless.

Blog Entries
    I dropped my account too, for the same reasons. Now I check out quilting books from the library. Even though I live in a very small town, our library has a really large selection of books. Much cheaper and I can pick out patterns I like and copy them on my printer.

I joined a book club many years ago and like some of you I dropped out after fulfilling the reguired sales, I found I didn't want half the books and the ones I wanted were to expensive. After I dropped out they kept begging me to come back for years till they finaly got the message

I plan to drop my membership - I fulfilled my purchasing obligation quite a while ago and frankly I can't remember the last time they've offered something that I've wanted. I don't even know when the last time is that I actually bought something from them.

I belonged to that club for awhile but I dropped it. I could find what I wanted with better prices somewhere else.

I would cancel it. I have tried these book clubs and have been disappointed every time.

I think you had all ready made a decision before you posted this question, but, I would close the account. I don't know how many book, magazine clubs I belonged too, but, they kept trying to sell me stuff. Kept sending there books and magazines and I had to keep sending back and that was annoying. I ended up telling one company, you send me anymore books, I shall keep them

Blog Entries
    I have had 2 accounts with them. I have only fullfilled my committment and respond to my selections online. Have never had a problem with them sending something I did not want. When you cancel it, they usually send you offers to start again. That is what I did for the second account. They send good offers, but do not include books from their search site. They do make good gifts when you get them in the begining. you can get 4 books for about $1 each and shipping, then get one of your committment books at 1/2 price..leaving only one book for your committment. I definitely save a cheaper book for my last one.

Blog Entries
    I dropped mine as soon as my obligation was filled. But when I called them to do that, they offered me the option of just receiving the catalogue regularly without sending me books or having me have to return the card.
    This way I can see what is offered, and in the case that there is something I want, I can still order it.
    Works for me.

Blog Entries
    I do Book of the Month Club-2 ( www.bomc2.com ) There are tons of great books there, at least "some" of everything, from novels to crafts of all kinds...no book is more than 12.95, most are 9.95 and all have free shipping. Under no obligation to buy more.

Blog Entries
    I was 90% ready to cancel the account before I made this post. Kept thinking there must be a good reason that I hadn't but couldn't figure out what it might be. I knew if there was a good reason to keep it , someone on the board would remind me what it was. Instead you have all just reinforced my decision to cancel it. Thanks ladies, for your input and opinions!!

I still have it - they no longer send books automatically (guess EVERYONE hated that feature). Most of the books are cheaper on Amazon, prob. other sites as well.
    I usually wait for their end of the year sale but I don't plan on getting any more from them.
    Plus they do a cr*ppy job of packing!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast