Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cordless steam irons >

Cordless steam irons

Cordless steam irons

Old 11-29-2018, 06:15 PM

Question Cordless steam irons

I am going to have to buy a new iron after many happy years with my maytag cordless. The soleplate is tearing/rubbing off and sometimes leaves residue on my fabric. Not a good thing! I want one that gets really hot, puts out plenty of steam, (yes, I'm a steamer!) and has automatic shut-off as I often forget to cut things off! Now, I would love to know which iron you prefer and why you like it. Thanks so much for anyone willing to share their info with me.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:41 AM

I purchased the Panasonic 360 last year and love it! And, yes, it has great steam. This is my first cordless iron and I will never go back to a cord again. Since I have hand issues, I found that the cordless iron is great because I just place the iron down. Whereas with a corded iron I am constantly turning my wrist up to place it on the table. Good luck!
Old 11-30-2018, 09:24 AM
Administrator

i love my panasonic cordless irons.
i have one at the house and one for travel.

having said that, i do want to show ya'll something that happened to my first one after about 6 years.
please note that i just about never unplugged it. (and, yes, i unplug it now whenever i'm not using it.)
so, that all probably adds up to a couple of decades' use by a smarter person than i was.
there was smelly smoke everywhere. i don't want to think about what might have happened to my whole house if i hadn't found it in time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604628[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180327_125407.jpg   20180327_125407.jpg  
Old 11-30-2018, 12:02 PM

PatriceJ, you were so lucky to find it in time. Your poor iron is toast now but your house is still in tack. Just had a fire myself but it was the cord that ignited for whatever reason while I was using it no less. Luckily I finally figured out I needed to unplug it as I couldn't get the flame to go out. I didn't order a cordless but have read about them and it would be nice to have one when I need to steam out fullness on the quilt frame from time to time. Will keep the Panasonic 360 in mind for future ideas.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:50 PM

I have the same one! Love it ...

Just a note tho - i wrecked my first one by filling the water holder up while it was still in the iron ... fried the insides. So, when you fill up your iron, follow the instructions and remove it from the iron!
Old 11-30-2018, 05:47 PM

Thanks for all of you for sharing about your irons. I looked for the panasonic 360 and there are several models available. If you don't mind, would you please tell me which model you own and the features you like best about each one. Also, what it cost. I still need the automatic shut-off, lots of steam, and a pretty hot iron. Thanks all!
Old 12-01-2018, 02:47 AM
Administrator

if this link works it will take you to an amazon list of panasonic cordless irons:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1VQC8EJ2BFDIX

Last edited by patricej; 12-01-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
if this link works it will take you to an amazon list of panasonic cordless irons:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=1VQC8EJ2BFDIX
Thanks for the link. I have actually looked at many models. That's why I asked for this board members recommendations. I like to know about what someone else has actually used and why they like a particular one. Thanks to all of you!
Old 12-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Donnamarie View Post
I purchased the Panasonic 360 last year and love it! And, yes, it has great steam. This is my first cordless iron and I will never go back to a cord again. Since I have hand issues, I found that the cordless iron is great because I just place the iron down. Whereas with a corded iron I am constantly turning my wrist up to place it on the table. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. There are several panasonic 360 models so i was wondering which ones were the best according to member's usage and recommendation. It is confusing trying to figure this out as I know you cannot always rely on reviews on amazon etc. Do you know which model you have and why you like it? I appreciate your time!
Old 12-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Administrator

if you want the most power and weight, go with the green one that has only one pointy end. 1500 watts

if you prefer a lighter iron go with the one that has points on both ends.
it doesn't pack as much power (1200 watts) but it will do the job nicely.

i have both and love them.
green for home.
purple double-pointed for travel.