Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
craftsy/cindy needham >

craftsy/cindy needham

craftsy/cindy needham

Old 11-01-2014, 03:41 AM

Default craftsy/cindy needham

has anybody taken this course http://www.craftsy.com/class/design-...unch_id=227115 with cindy needham ? I was thinking of signing up for it but I wonder dose she use the dsm through all the lessons ? that would be nice. Awhile back I got angela walters fmq feathers I liked her a lot but a little disappointed that she used the longarm for most of the lessons.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:32 AM

i love craftsy classes. i am not close to a shop and love to be able to work at my own speed. i think this class of cindy needham's stands out as one of the best ones that i've taken. she does all of her work on a dsm. explains everything very well and covers a lot of material. her work is beautiful and inspiring.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:46 AM

Cindy Needham is an excellent teacher!!! Can you tell I like her?

She visited our guild a few years back. I was so impressed. She is very personable. I have also taken the class through Craftsy. Yes, she only uses DSM. She does exquisite work. You won't be sorry.

My habit is to wait until Crafty classes are offered at half price. I enjoy watching her on my iPhone when I am waiting in the car for DH.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I haven't watched her show yet.

I think I have every quilting class available on Craftsy. They are are bargain even at full price. A decent workshop at my guild will cost me $45 - $65 per class plus the cost of the book or pattern. I still take live workshops for the fellowship, so I won't become a quilt hermit.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the information. I will have to try her class. I have many of the quilting classes too, and I truly enjoy them.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:27 AM

Default I took the class

I took the class. Some of it I liked, some of it I didn't. She said you had to stitched in the ditch along every single piece of the quilt. I didn't want to do that mostly because it is hard to do and takes too much time that I don't find worth the effort. I quilted this quilt using her technique. Not the stitch in the ditch part, I skipped that. I think this was my third quilt. Maybe 4th. I haven't made that many it is just that I'm getting old and can't remember everything. I know the quilt itself was following the Craftsy Class of Jacquie Gering. Her classes I love.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:36 AM

I haven't taken that class, but don't forget, if you are not happy with the class you can get a refund. By the comments already made, I think I may sign up for the class myself.
Sue
Old 11-01-2014, 01:00 PM

She is an excellent teacher and I think you will enjoy and learn a lot from the class.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Power Poster

Thinking about this also. And you can keep referring to the classes.
Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
I haven't taken that class, but don't forget, if you are not happy with the class you can get a refund. By the comments already made, I think I may sign up for the class myself.
Sue
Old 11-02-2014, 05:48 AM

I have this Craftsy class and I'm about 2/3 of the way through it ad yes it's "So Far" done with dsm. Great tutorial