Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: crazy quilting

Lol :lol: Patrice, I remember that song from when I ws a little un, used to sing it with the Brownies when we went on camp

Izy - Do you leave the edges raw and then top stitch them with things like zigzag stitching or do you turn the edges under first? If you leave the edges raw would it work for pillow cases since there is a lot of wear on them? I appreciate your comments. Rita

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower
    Izy - Do you leave the edges raw and then top stitch them with things like zigzag stitching or do you turn the edges under first? If you leave the edges raw would it work for pillow cases since there is a lot of wear on them? I appreciate your comments. Rita
    Morning Rita,

If the project is going to have a lot of wear and tear, I suggest you bond it first to a foundation of either muslin/fine cotton or a stabilizer as this version of crazy, is raw edge. If you overstitch it with a dense embroidery stitch or plain old zigzag or satin stitch it will be fine!!

Just have a go and see what you think :D

Izy you are just too clever. I love that. Like the stitches too. You have just given me an idea for the quilt that I am making and I did not want to do windmills and stars, that is just the job.

Elle

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Izy you are just too clever. I love that. Like the stitches too. You have just given me an idea for the quilt that I am making and I did not want to do windmills and stars, that is just the job.

Elle
    Now you know how much time I spend surfing the net....I have learnt sooooo much here too!!! :D

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    I love your crazy quilting Izy..i think i will give that a go as it looks so nice. Thanks for posting your photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2