Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Creased Quilt >

Creased Quilt

Creased Quilt

Old 08-25-2014, 02:46 AM

Default Creased Quilt

I decided to pull out, tidy and/or clear out the under stairs cubbyhole this morning of the years of accumulated... Whatever!

Under a pile of bags, I've found a part quilted Christmas lap quilt that I must have been doing about three years ago... And totally forgot about. And I haven't a clue how it got under the bags in such a state.

It's very creased and I'm not sure how to tackle it. Should I just carry on quilting it or unpick it, which I'd rather not do if their is another solution.

Thanks in advance.
Joanne
Old 08-25-2014, 03:16 AM

I'd probably hang it somewhere for a bit or lay it flat for a bit if you have room. Either method should relax the creases (hanging probably better though). Then just carry on quilting. I can't see why you'd have to pick out what you've already done.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:29 AM

Thank you, that's what I really wanted to hear. At the moment I've got it hung over the dining room chairs, and the thought of unpicking it was making me cringe.

I've got so many unfinished projects, that really want to put this at the top of my list and get it done so that it can be put out to decorate at Christmas.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:29 AM

Depending how you basted it, you could also lightly spritz it with water or Best Press to relax it a little. I have also pressed/ironed a spray basted quilt sandwich before too.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I have been thinking about some of my quilts that I do not re-fold as often as I should. I have thought that if I should find a really bad crease, I would go for the iron.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:30 AM

If you lived here the humidity would take care of it for you, after hanging or laying it over something. Steam would work. I have a steam cycle on my dryer, I love it!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 AM

The best place to store quilts is, spread out on a bed in that spare room, no creases ever!!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:48 AM

I alway spray glue my quilts, but I've also put pins in it, luckily, so the part needing quilting hasn't moved. I've sprayed it with water and it's going into the bathroom ... Hubby is due home and the steam from the shower might help.
Because I dont have a dryer any more.... Lol it set on fire, My aunt has told me to go to her house and shove it in her dryer for a few minutes, so I might try that as well.
Well... It's like Narnia in that cupboard... I've pulled out the last bags and found 20 Log Cabin blocks with log cabins and bears on them, within a bag of fabric I didn't realise I had!
Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 AM

What a fun chubby to have, Lol
Old 08-27-2014, 05:30 AM

Thanks everyone for your help the creases aren't totally out, but it's beginning to look promising. I'm about to spray it again and going to be hanging it outside for a few hours.

Hopefully, I'll be able to start quilting it again in the next day or two.