Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Creative Elves sighted in Oregon >

Creative Elves sighted in Oregon

Creative Elves sighted in Oregon

Old 04-21-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Janquiltz
I read "Elvis" too - thought there might be a quilt photo using some of the Elvis fabric. Yep, must be time to go to bed or at least rest my eyes. Do like that door though. Are you going to keep it up there and, if so, are you going to put something over it to protect it from the elements?
It is glued with wall-paper adhesive, so I guess it's going to stay up. It can be removed though. The door is on the inside of my house, so it won't be out in the weather. I am going to buy some clear polyurethane, but that will have to wait until pay day. 3 or 4 coats of that and I should be good to go. I want to be able to wipe it down on occasion.

The picture was my WIP for another wall. I used the same method for sealing and I get nothing but raves about what I did with brown paper lunch sacks. :thumbup:

Brown paper bag wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187142[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187136.jpe  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 AM

Wow,I live in Oregon,send the elves this way.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
I read "Elvis" too - thought there might be a quilt photo using some of the Elvis fabric. Yep, must be time to go to bed or at least rest my eyes. Do like that door though. Are you going to keep it up there and, if so, are you going to put something over it to protect it from the elements?
It is glued with wall-paper adhesive, so I guess it's going to stay up. It can be removed though. The door is on the inside of my house, so it won't be out in the weather. I am going to buy some clear polyurethane, but that will have to wait until pay day. 3 or 4 coats of that and I should be good to go. I want to be able to wipe it down on occasion.

The picture was my WIP for another wall. I used the same method for sealing and I get nothing but raves about what I did with brown paper lunch sacks. :thumbup:
I did that technique and after it was glued I burnished it and it was awesome.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM

What a great idea.........LOVE IT!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

I did that technique and after it was glued I burnished it and it was awesome.
Us girls from Oregon Rock!