Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: creative scrappy ruler

creative scrappy ruler

Anyone make a quilt with the creative scrappy ruler that is out? I have it ordered and excited to use up some of these scraps and see the end results. Picture please if you have done one.

I have it and did a class with a Creative Grids representative. We made one block. It was easy and fun--I enjoyed it enough to buy it.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Power Poster
    Is that the one Laura from sewveryeasy did a YouTube video on this week? It did look like a great way to use up leftover scraps.

Glad to hear that it was easy & fun! I did buy it.

Tartan. yes, that is the one. I got 3 big tubs of scraps and ready for this when it comes in!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Is that the one Laura from sewveryeasy did a YouTube video on this week? It did look like a great way to use up leftover scraps.
    I tried to find this video on YouTube but no luck . Could someone post a link or the title of the video . I really want to buy this ruler.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
    I tried to find this video on YouTube but no luck . Could someone post a link or the title of the video . I really want to buy this ruler.
    Just go to YouTube and put Sew very easy in the search box when you get the results just look for the most current video. Good luck!
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I really like the way she put the storage box together! Definitely going to steal that idea!
    Sue

I have the ruler and have been making blocks. Creative Grids has a video on using the ruler. https://www.creativegridsusa.com/products/CGRMT6

Enjoy it when it arrives.
    Connie

I agree, I too am making that box. Be a fabulous way to store everything and not loose any of the ruler pieces. I really like the sew easy tutorials.

Awesome tutorial. TY for posting this.

Blog Entries
    Laura does a great job in her tutorials. Looks like a fun scrap buster project.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

It seems like I have this ruler set (I'm a gadget junkie)....just have to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
    It seems like I have this ruler set (I'm a gadget junkie)....just have to find it.
    I had to go find mine too! I knew I put it in a project box with fat quarters to use for the scraps. Someone at guild was going to have a sew day class using this ruler but had to cancel. Now that I have it out, I will cut the pieces and have them ready to sew at my next retreat. I love the box idea on the video. I have a lot of the Sew Sampler boxes and one fits the ruler pieces perfectly.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have the larger sized one. I have used it for a least a dozen quilts. I love it.

Wow I watched the video from Sew very Easy and the one from creative grid..it sure makes me want to buy the ruler.. there are so many way to use it and you get a totally different look. I was wondering which ruler would be best the 6 inch or the 8 inch..What do you think?

We live in a rural area. Every time I put in my zip code it just left a blank. Couldn't find any way to order one. Bummer/

Quote Originally Posted by Madgie Rae View Post
    We live in a rural area. Every time I put in my zip code it just left a blank. Couldn't find any way to order one. Bummer/

Quilt in a Day has this ruler set and free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
    Wow I watched the video from Sew very Easy and the one from creative grid..it sure makes me want to buy the ruler.. there are so many way to use it and you get a totally different look. I was wondering which ruler would be best the 6 inch or the 8 inch..What do you think?
    I have the 8 inch one. That was all that was available when I bought it. I like the bigger blocks as I am mainly a charity quilter.

I got the 6 inch because the two pattern books I have are for the 6 inch. Probably wouldn't make any difference using the 8 inch instead though. Less blocks to make.

Thanks for all the info. I purchased the 6" one on-line from Walmart (local stores did not have it - I called around). Anyway, free shipping too! That saved me time and gas money. So, it will be here next week. I'm definitely excited about getting it....have lots of scraps to continue using and I was getting tired of making squares into patches and trying to come up with different ideas. This will enthuse me for years! Thanks for sharing the idea!

I'm so glad this was posted. I have both the 6" and 8" ruler sets. I too am going to make a box for both of them. It will make it easy to create a quilt once all the pieces are cut!
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

I bought the 6 inch - had such a good time with the ruler set - I bought the 8 inch set. They are great -easy to do - you get a neat quilt in a short period of time once you sit down to sew. Good to have in the ruler cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Quilt in a Day has this ruler set and free shipping.
    I went to Quilt in a Day to look for the rulers. The set there is Scrap Crazy Template CGRMT4. In Laura's video it is called Scrap Crazy but has different shapes. Am I missing something? Both shapes are from Creative Grids.
    Life is a remarkable journey~~make yours memorable...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast