Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cristmas Projects? >

Cristmas Projects?

Cristmas Projects?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:24 PM

I know it is only Sept. but with the weather turning chilly here i am contemplating the upcoming Holiday season. I usually start pick up little things for the Gkids for Christmas. Are you guys starting to do Holiday projects already? Or is it just me that is thinking Christmas quilts, placemats, decorations?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Oh, yes, I'm start thinking of Christmas really early, but then time seems to get away from me, and I'm lucky if I get one hand-crafted item made for a gift.... Christmas is a very busy time for me-from about November 1st through the end of the year - I'm secretary & organist for our church, and Thanksgiving through Christmas - just practicing all the music (and picking it all out first) is a full-time job! So, much as I'd like to give lots of quilted or crafted gifts, I usually have great intentions, but almost never get it done...
Old 09-11-2011, 05:32 PM

I'm working on mine already. Already panicking, too. :P
Old 09-11-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by vivoaks
Oh, yes, I'm start thinking of Christmas really early, but then time seems to get away from me, and I'm lucky if I get one hand-crafted item made for a gift.... Christmas is a very busy time for me-from about November 1st through the end of the year - I'm secretary & organist for our church, and Thanksgiving through Christmas - just practicing all the music (and picking it all out first) is a full-time job! So, much as I'd like to give lots of quilted or crafted gifts, I usually have great intentions, but almost never get it done...
I hear you, i have Lots of ideas but will i have the time?????
Old 09-11-2011, 05:34 PM

My goal - a flannel quilt for each (8) grandchild, a sweet roll felt ornament for each grandchild, Christmas stockings for a SIL and grandchild, a purse for DD. I think I am overly optimistic, but I'll do what I can.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:35 PM

I've started my holiday gifts already. I hate to be rushed to finish things.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 PM

I've already started and finished a couple of bags for Christmas gifts. Have pulled fabrics for 2 lap size quilts that I need to start on next. The holidays usually get here quickly or so it seems to me. Not like when I was a kid. :lol: :lol:
Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM

I have made 2 twin size quilts, matching Christmas Stockings for hubbys niece and nephew, And 3 queen size quilts. I just need to put binding on them.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM

yes, I have already started
Old 09-11-2011, 06:05 PM

Bought my DGD's presents this summer when I found a fantastic clearance sale at Walmart. Barbie doll sets for 3 and 4.00, and lots of other things very cheap, could not pass it up. I even got a teddy that plays music for my youngest, she is 6 months and it was only 5.00. But, the adults I haven't gotten anything for. I keep saying I will make those gifts but am getting ready for craft show in Oct. so all quilting is for that. Think I'll gift them the things that don't sell. LOL