Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
cross-stitch blocks >

cross-stitch blocks

cross-stitch blocks

Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 PM

mine has no blue.. it has maroon, olive green, forest green, washed-out looking maroonish and gold.

if you want to see it, go to 'what are you working on next?'. i think that's what the thread was called. last i looked, it was on the first page, only pic.
looks better than it sounds.

i don't know how to create a link to the page. anyone out there to help me?
Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM

It sounds like the pre printed for embroidery/cross stitch, when washed the blue disappears, then you assemble. or make into small pillow covers etc.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 AM

I love to embroider those pre-stamped quilt squares! I have 3 different squares started right now. I have one top already finished ready to quilt. I got my squares from J. D. Needleart and they have much more variety than Herschner's.
I believe the blue markings should wash out - at least they do on the JDNeedleart squares. I have some friends who have made quilts out of these squares and they are absolutely beautiful! If there are any questions I can answer I will be glad to try.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM

I've seen these blocks made into a quilt, but the blocks were off white. They used a varigated deep red/burgandy for the roses and a varigated deep green for the stems and leaves. The rich colors on the off white was very pretty when finished.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM

thanks, all, for the info. i thought that the blue was there forever. no matter, i didn't really want to do it. it found a good home in florida with someone who will enjoy making it. i hope we see pics when it's done.