Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: cross stitch

How many of you actually cross stitch? either on your quilts or just in general?
    :)

I do! I do! I love cross stitch - I've been doing it for 23 years.

And you?

i do i hit some thrift stores in indiana an i have a whole bunch of embrody thingsfor next to nothing an i have quilt magazines that are thirty years old.an love looking through them all an all sorts of diffrent kinds of stuff.an even wood working projects to.

I love cross stitch.

I have done a lot of counted cross stitch, and have several pieces hanging around the house. Shephard's Bush are favorite patterns of mine.

Lately though (okay, a year is lately, right?) I haven't touched it. Between quilting and paper crafts (I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, although will be quitting as soon as current club is done), I just haven't had time.

A lot of mine used to get done at night when I couldn't sleep. We didn't have decent computer hookup, and although we have basic cable, there really isn't much on. So I'd do counted cross stitch as it forced me to focus on something other than my worries.

If I am not quilting I am cross stitching. Love it.

Maria

I've done quite a bit. There's a couple charities I found on the internet that take donated XS blocks and combine them into quilts for kids. Have to say I haven't done much XS since I discovered quilting. LOL I can't manage both right now.

Blog Entries
    I use to do it all the time ! Loved it, but as I get more mature and the eyesight isn't what it use to be (LOL) I haven't done it in a couple years :cry: Need to get glasses ?
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    I used to do it all the time, too! Need to get some better progressive lens now though..... lol!!!! I still have my case of dmc floss just waiting for someday.

I used to cross stitch all the time too. Loved working the Lavender N lace and Butternut road patterns. since I started working outside the home and have had shoulder issues I haven't stitched in a while. I do plan to pick it up again!!!!

Blog Entries
    Bev with her Ducky blanket has me thinking about combining my two loves !

I have been cross stitching since I was little. I remeber learning when I was about 6, with big, fat plastic needles, wool, and big plastic re-usable 'grids' that were like giant aida.

I moved to quilting after getting a bit tired of doing samplers in cross stitch whenever friends had their babies, plus I was short on time, as two friends had babies at the same time. The first one got a cross stitch sampler, the second one got a baby quilt!

I have a cross stitch 'WIP' in my drawer that I pick up occasionaly, but it is big one, harder than the baby ones I used to do. I also have a set of three cat cross stitch pictures, have done two, will get round to the third, one of these days :roll:

One of my cross stitch baby samplers
    Name:  Attachment-41780.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  31.4 KB

I cross stitch too, but I haven't worked on the piece I have had going the last few years for some time. I'm so close to finishing it now too. I'm over the half way mark on the backstitching!! I have wayyyy too many projects now!! And I can't seem to stop adding on more!!!!!!

The addiction is getting out of hand!!!!!! LOL

My grandma and mom got me started with cross stitch long time ago (just the X's) because it was easy for me to do before I started quilting they hadgiven me a project of making these large24x24 cross stitch quilt squares. well they were done long time ago but they are in the stash with everything else!! :lol:
    Oh and I still only do the X's :oops:

As I am a fan of hand quilting, I tend to do cross stich in the summer when its too warm to sit with a quilt on your lap. The great masters pictures are my favourites. I'm doing one of Monet's irises at the moment.

I love to cross stitch as well!! I think that is why I like to hand quilt so much! I am making my new nephew a birth announcement in between all my quilting! I am planning on giving it to him for a Christmas gift so I am not on a tight deadline! But it is so much fun to do!
    Kendra

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I love cross stitch, the x's and counted. I enjoy doing it when I sit out on my porch in the summer. I just finished cross stitching some chickens on an apron for a gift. My friends kitchen is done all in roosters. she gave me an apron to repair for her so while I had it I dressed it up.

Oh I cross stitch (haven't in years though) crochet, knit (trying to at least) now sewing. Oh man if I took on more crafts I think Dh would SHOOT ME. lol because I have stuff EVERYWHERE.

I am in the process of finishing a quilt that blocks are cross-stitched and then added sashing and borders. Dont have a camera so cant take a picture. My mother made 18 of them in her lifetime and I have four of them here at home. They are used very loveingly all the time on our beds. Will be doing more of them as time goes by.

Banned
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, been doing it for over 20 yrs now :D

Has anyone ever tried some of the Mirabilia's?
    http://www.mirabilia.com/index.html

I used to do counted cross stitch several years ago but the tiny squares were just too much for my eyes. I gave new meaning to the term "cross" (eyed) stitch.

But I do love to hand quilt and I still do lots of hand embroidery that is stamped! Stamped articles are so much easier for me to see and do as opposed to counted cross stitch....

I have done some, and have tons of floss. Got a small kit out the other day, - A ballerina teddy bear. Want to do it, for one of the grandbabies.
    I just want to do some of everything, but my neck gets stiff.

I do a lot of counted cross stitch, but never put any in my own quilt tops yet. I did one that was donated to a charity quilt, though.

I don't cross stitch, however, my mom does and she is insisting that I learn to love it. She has sooooo much stuff that she won't be able to use it all. I am supposed to inherit it someday, but couldn't she just take up quilting and let me have all that stuff instead??? :wink:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast