Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Crumb blocks >

Crumb blocks

Crumb blocks

Old 12-03-2022, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Waal View Post
Synnove - You need to show us your bear claw crumb quilt. I would love to see it! I can't imagine what it looks like.
I wish I could! I'm afraid I have no idea how to upload a picture to the board.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:40 PM

How to Post Picture:

Click on the 'Go Advanced' box below the quick reply message area.

then click on the paperclip symbol beside the happy face in the header above the message box (you'll see it after you click on the 'go advanced' box)

then click on 'choose a file' (and choose your picture file and choose the picture you want to post)
do this multiple times if you have more than one picture to post

then go clear over to the right side of the box where you chose a file, by sliding the tab on the bottom so you can see the right side of that page

and then click on the box that says 'upload' near the top of the page

once it is done uploading, then submit your reply --- ------ Note: do not preview the post, just submit your reply.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 12-03-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
How to Post Picture:

Click on the 'Go Advanced' box below the quick reply message area.

then click on the paperclip symbol beside the happy face in the header above the message box (you'll see it after you click on the 'go advanced' box)

then click on 'choose a file' (and choose your picture file and choose the picture you want to post)
do this multiple times if you have more than one picture to post

then go clear over to the right side of the box where you chose a file, by sliding the tab on the bottom so you can see the right side of that page

and then click on the box that says 'upload' near the top of the page

once it is done uploading, then submit your reply --- ------ Note: do not preview the post, just submit your reply.
Thank you so much! I'll try it!
Old 12-03-2022, 09:29 PM

I have made 2 crumb quilts for QOV . Although they seem to love the quilts, I was embarrased to answer, when they asked the name of the pattern.When I said crumb, I felt like I wasn't giving the best, even though they said they looked good and they deserve much more than crumbs. I like scrappy, crumbs but I know not everyone does, but that's ok. There are quilt tops others like that I'm not fond of.

Navy Veteran
Crumb Quilting Triple Play with twist
Old 12-04-2022, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
I have made 2 crumb quilts for QOV . Although they seem to love the quilts, I was embarrased to answer, when they asked the name of the pattern.When I said crumb, I felt like I wasn't giving the best, even though they said they looked good and they deserve much more than crumbs. I like scrappy, crumbs but I know not everyone does, but that's ok. There are quilt tops others like that I'm not fond of.

Navy Veteran
Crumb Quilting Triple Play with twist
Since you pretty much make up the pattern as you sew the 'crumbs' together, name it something you want to name it. Just because you put it together with scraps or crumbs, you don't have to call the quilt 'pattern' Scraps or call it Crumbs! Heck with all the small pieces, call it 'Windows to the World' or something it reminds you of, like 'City Lights' or whatever name you want to call it. By putting all the crumbs together in the design you wanted, or how they fit, it is totally your pattern to name! Or don't name it at all, just say it was a pattern you made up, because you liked the colors. You don't have to tell them you used up scraps or crumbs!

Last edited by quiltsfor; 12-04-2022 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
Thank you so much! I'll try it!
You are welcome!