Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Curved seams success

Curved seams success

Have never done curved seams before today. but I got my drunkards path dies on friday and bought some cheap FQ from joanns to play with if I didn't do too well. I have to say I am very proud of myself, because they actually look pretty good, and it wasn't to hard using my curvemaster foot. I thought there would be a big learning curve with it but there is not. I will post pic's soon as I get some time.

Blog Entries
    Would love to see it. I haven't tried curved seams yet. I should put them on my list to try.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

I was wondering about buying the curvemaster for my machine, since I can't find a circular foot to fit it. I'm glad you've had success! I take it you think the foot is worth the money?

you did great. i havent tried curve yet. but maybe with the tool i will.

Glad to hear. Please post photo!!!

Blog Entries
    I've had my curvemaster for several years and just tried it recently - I'm very happy with how easy it is to use and the results.
    Sally Dolin
    Rock Island, IL

Blog Entries
    I bought a template and pattern last year at the quilting expo. Thanks for the reminder, I will have to give them a try.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Congratulations! I just finished by first drunkards path and am also pleased with the results. I just used my 1/4 inch foot and pinned it like crazy. I was expecting all sorts of horrible things and it wasn't as bad as I thought either.

I am working on Kyoto Rings and saw this demonstrated at a show recently. Alas, it does not fit my machine. I struggle!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I fear curved seams. Please post pictures of your finished project!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    I am working on Kyoto Rings and saw this demonstrated at a show recently. Alas, it does not fit my machine. I struggle!
    Are you talking about the Curve Master foot? If it doesn't fit your machine, contact Sandy at Curve Master. I didn't think it would fit my machine either, but the foot came with several different "legs" so it will fit any machine I have, whether it be high-shank, low-shank, slanted, whatever. I met her at a show where I purchased mine, and she told me they make them for EVERY machine.

Blog Entries
    I recently tried my 'curve master' and it was relatively easy. Fitting the foot on the machine was more challenging. Please post when you get blocks done.
    The Future is Now!

I got a Curvemaster foot, too, and made a Winding Ways quilt with it. I plan to make a Drunkard's Path soon as it really works well. I agree - very small learning "curve"!

I just used my 1/4 inch foot and sewed the DP blocks and they came out really well using Elisa Wilsons templates and instructions.

Love to see the pics as I have the curvemaster and have not used it! I'll be waiting to see your pics
    Love 4 stchen

I used my Curvemaster foot for the first time last summer when i made the "Once ina Blue Moon" quilt for my DDIL. Thanks again to this board for the name. The blocks were 7" blocks and i found i had to still pin some and use the CM foot.some blocks came out perfectly and some never did even after several tries. Maybe it was user error. I will use the foot again anyway, i still want to make a drunkards path quilt.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnye View Post
    I was wondering about buying the curvemaster for my machine, since I can't find a circular foot to fit it. I'm glad you've had success! I take it you think the foot is worth the money?
    I bought it ages ago and it is very good. The part that I liked best was that the parts in the box are designed to fit many machines and so I got my money's worth as they can be used on 3 of my machines. Worth it if you can't or won't fiddle with curved seams. There is also a tweezer and a roller that goes with it, at extra cost, that make the job faster.

I used my Curvemaster foot for the first time last summer when i made the "Once ina Blue Moon" quilt for my DDIL. Thanks again to this board for the name. The blocks were 7" blocks and i found i had to still pin some and use the CM foot.some blocks came out perfectly and some never did even after several tries. Maybe it was user error. I will use the foot again anyway, i still want to make a drunkards path quilt. Here is the link to my picture , i hope! http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t156058.html
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I'm not afraid of curved seams when sewing clothing or handbags but I'm completely intimidated to try it with quilt piecing. I'll have to check out the Curve Master foot!

Elisa Wilson's technique is wonderful - I have used it several times without the Curvemaster foot. I was very pleased with the results - and it is really simple to do.

Good luck

I'm so excited to hear this and can't wait to see your samples! Congratulations on being a success! Yippee!!
    Lori McC

I will be starting my first curved seam project soon any hints, tips would be great

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnye View Post
    don't waste your money...you can do it without this foot..which is a pain to SEE around....gave my set away!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like just another gimmick to make us spend money. I started doing that one purse project with the curved top on it. Tried it last night and yes I am scared of curves too. But she mentioned the simplest way to work at it.

The purse is here: http://sweetbeebuzzings.blogspot.com...-part-one.html

First, GO SLOW.
    Second, Lay the piece down on a flat surface and pin each area as you fit it together like a puzzle piece. This made all the difference for me.

Name:  Quilting 001.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  51.4 KB
    Name:  Quilting 003.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  33.9 KB
    It may not be perfect, but for someone who is skeered of curves too, I think it is pretty good.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

I just took a class with Teresa Hodgson at the Empty Spools Seminar. She is great. There were 16 in the class and we all loved it. She has a website where you can see some of her wonderful quilts. She knows all the tricky details that make sewing curves (even tight ones) easy. I am now finishing my quilt at home and it is a lot of fun. Her web site is http://www.spiralt.com/quilts.html But the photos don't show how luminous her quilts really are.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast