Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: D9P size of patch

D9P size of patch

When making a D9P what size do you make your patches ? What size finished look best to you ?

It truly is a taste answer. and what it is for/who its for. I think that 5 1/2 start squares are good places to start. as for the size of the quilt it all depends on the use. for a baby I find around 40" square is perfect for wrapping a baby up and cuddling them till they are around 3-5. if you are asking for finished block size. I am at a loss. good luck. if you are doing a baby blanket you might want to go smaller on the blocks. I have done a crib quilt and it ended up being around 40ish/60ish"s this makes it good for a toddler bed and stuff. because babies don't really use blankets till they are around 1 year old and by then many parents are starting to wonder how much longer till they need to move to a toddler bed. (in my case it was to a twin bed at a year old only because I have a twin bunk bed that has rails all the way around the bed and it is unbunked.)
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I like at least a 5" Square although you certainly can use smaller. Because you cut up the finished 9 square the pieces can get pretty small with anything smaller than 5".
    Blessings,

NANCY