Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!!

Blog Entries
    Thank heavens for Joann's coupons. I have one of these cutters, too, and love it. At the LQS it cost $42.00, but at Joann's with coupon, I got mine for about $12.00. It was really great in cutting strips for my Bargello.

Blog Entries
    I watched youtube yesterday and even thought I've had my ruler for years I learned things I didn't know.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I love this ruler!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdreamblue
    OK. I give up. What ruler is it????
    Start from the beginning and you will see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    I watched youtube yesterday and even thought I've had my ruler for years I learned things I didn't know.
    You see we are being educated here. When my grandkids tease me about being in this "chatroom" I tell them that I am learning new things, not just hanging out chatting. I didn't say anything to them about the spending money on fabric and tools part.

hAVE ONE - LOVE IT.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwent
    Thank you so much for this!
    Joann's is having a nice sale this week and I have coupons!
    Thank you
    David
    David can i go?

Blog Entries
    It is just about the best things since sliced bread. Couldn't do without it..

WOW!! I love those florals!! Gorgeous

She also has one for half square triangles and I LOVE it!

Can someone tell me how to avoid a "wave" when folding the fabric to fit the ruler? I don't have this problem when I cut in 18" folds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
    I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
    I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
    Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
    Hugs to all, Sue :D
    Sueisallaboutquilts....I am unable to see the picture clearly and I think it is because you have it on your green mat. But can you please tell me is that one of those mats that have the slits cut in it?

OK Ladies, I'm doing something VERY wrong. I bought this ruler 2-3 years ago and was never satisfied with it. Finally, in frustration, I stuck it behind a door and fogot about it. My problem: I had a hard time inserting the rotary cutter into the slots to do the cutting. It seemed the slots were so close together there was no room to insert he cutter. I tried inserting the cutter at the larger opening at the end of the ruler but I never achieved the smooth quick motion I've seen on YouTube and on Alex Anderson show (before she was cancelled). I bought it after seeing one of her guests use it. Maybe I'm too old to start something new LOL

I love mine but do have to be careful about inserting the ruler. I put it in the wide end very carefully. Might take a little longer but sure makes great strips.

Blog Entries
    I use mine a lot - squaring fabric, blocks, cutting. Glad you found yours!

I have a couple of them in different sizes and I love them. They make cutting strips easy since my hands sometimes wobble with a ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJMac
    OK Ladies, I'm doing something VERY wrong. I bought this ruler 2-3 years ago and was never satisfied with it. Finally, in frustration, I stuck it behind a door and fogot about it. My problem: I had a hard time inserting the rotary cutter into the slots to do the cutting. It seemed the slots were so close together there was no room to insert he cutter. I tried inserting the cutter at the larger opening at the end of the ruler but I never achieved the smooth quick motion I've seen on YouTube and on Alex Anderson show (before she was cancelled). I bought it after seeing one of her guests use it. Maybe I'm too old to start something new LOL
    It might be the rotary cutter you are using. I have an older one that will not work either. I got an Olfa Ergonomic 45 mm Rotary Cutter with a 50% off coupon last year, and it works really great with my June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler.

Blog Entries
    I love mine. But, I really, really love those fabrics, Sue.
    I can't wait to see your progress.
    Deb

jdreamblue,
    I used to have problems, but a friend told me to cut from the selveges to the fold and I haven't seen a wave in a while.

Incidently, I see where there is one that has 2 1/2" slits -- does anyone have that one?

I'm convinced!!! it must be me since everyone else seems to love it. Hey, I'm not too old to admit I MIGHT be wrong LOL
    My ruler is the 12" June Taylor, HOWEVER,I'm using a straight Olfa cutter (had it forever, probably the first one they made). I have a couple of others, but I always seem to grab this one.
    I refuse to be the only quilter who can't conquer a square piece of plastic. Gonna pull it out and practice, practice, practice - 'cause I do use a lot of strips LOL
    Thanks ladies, God, I love this site.

Blog Entries
    To make it easier to insert my cutter, I just pull the slot open a bit, insert cutter, then let it go back to normal.
    I also make sure I've got a finger on the part right beside where I'm cutting so it doesn't bow when I'm cutting.
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ruller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
    jdreamblue,
    I used to have problems, but a friend told me to cut from the selveges to the fold and I haven't seen a wave in a while.

Incidently, I see where there is one that has 2 1/2" slits -- does anyone have that one?
    I haven't seen that one but I sure would buy it!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6