Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dear jane block size >

dear jane block size

dear jane block size

Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 PM

Do you think the software is worth the $50?
Yes, but you won't appreciate the value of the software or the book until you start making your blocks.

I got my software at Joann's for less than $50 and free shipping. Watch for deals at Joann's.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

Wow. I learn something new every day here.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 PM

Hi all, I am on Row I of Dear Jane. Unfortunately, applique is not my strength- although the later ones look better than those in Rows A and B. I am hoping that by the time I finish, I will have learned a new skill. I am making all my blocks 4.5 finished size. I have redrafted some to look more like Jane's, but in some cases they are an original. LOL Thanks for your post. Marylou
Old 07-13-2009, 02:02 PM

I just got my Dear Jane book and a ruler for it today. I did not order the software - should I?? Will it help me with the measurements if I don't want to do freezer paper?? I have not yet even chosen my fabrics or what style I want to use.

I feel like this is going to be one of my "once-in-a-lifetime" quilts and don't want to go wrong on fundamental decisions. I hope it's one that my kids will fight over when I die (and I will direct in my will that it will spend one year in DD's house, next year in DS's house and so forth - I'll get them to share if it's the last thing I do, even from 6 feet under!!).
Old 07-13-2009, 02:20 PM

I do not have the software, only the book and the patterns and so far, I have not had any trouble re-creating the quilt. I, too, tried to match the patterns and fabrics. After working on this beast for 5 + years, I would just like to have it finished! LOL

It has been alot of fun and someday, I hope to have a quilt worthy enough for my bedroom.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Banned

i don't have the software yet but i won't start my jane until i own it. i just can't stomach the idea of drafting all those blocks - i'd much rather print them out of the computer.

plus i want to design the quilt before i buy and cut fabric since i won't be using anything like the original jane.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 PM

I don't have the software either. There are a couple of places on the web where you can find directions. I don't always like them, but it gives me a place to start. Just do a search for Dear Jane. Marylou