Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: dear jane help please

dear jane help please

Could someone who has completed a dear jane please msg me....I have started putting all my squares together but have a question before I go any farther

KR
    My DJ is assembled and the hand-quilting is nearly complete. Will try to answer your question. I'm in SW FL, too...where are you?
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift....that's why it's called the present.
    Karen

Hi Karen I sent you a message

Blog Entries
    If possible, fellow Jane Sticklers, could you please post any hits, tips and ideas on the board for the rest of us, too? Thanks so much!!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

My question was in regards to sashing. ...I sashed each block on one side then added a lenght of the row strip to attach the next row....I looked online and seems its been done several ways so I am sticking with the way I already have it

KR
    Kirstie....there used to be a separate forum for DJ'rs. Check with Admin.
    The Dear Jane website and www.thatquilt.blogspot.com both have detailed instructions for each block.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift....that's why it's called the present.
    Karen

Blog Entries
    I sewed all my A's together, then all the row B's, then all the row C's. etc. when all my rows were sashed, then I would sew two rows together with an extra sashing on the bottom for the hook up of the next two rows. some ladies did not put the individual corner blocks in the sashing, and some did. those that didn't figured if you did two rows of quilting in the sashing, it appeared to look like the corner blocks were there. I chose to put the little corner blocks in. by strip piecing 4.5 inch strips x width of fabric to a 1.5 inch strip x width of fabric. then cutting them. Find the 'old' DJ blog from 2010. it has pic's. in the archive BOM section. so I would have like 5 4.5 inch strips sewn with 5 1.5 inch strips. I guess to make it even you should sew 6 and then 7 together. so you would have your 13 done in 2 pieces.
    Last edited by sewNso; 06-23-2013 at 04:13 AM.