Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dear jane quilt >

dear jane quilt

dear jane quilt

Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 PM

Sandpat: Love your dear jane. did you have the cd patterns for this or did you just do it from the regular book? I have been wanting to do one for about 10 years, have just collected the civil war fabrics so far. Have not been out of my comfort box to try and do it without directions. Have started the Dear Hannah quilt with just the applique blocks but that is easy to figure out. By the way I am a very timid quilter. Don't like to waste material. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:03 AM

It looks like you posted something you wanted to be a private message....Sandpat may not see this!
Old 02-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Leepat, I sent you a pm, but I'll answer here as it might help someone else as well. I used the software when I was making the quilt. It will allow you to make changes to the size, colors, whatever and allow you the option to print out either templates or Paper Piecing patterns. When there were no pp patterns available, I printed the blocks as a whole and made my own patterns. (Once you get the hang of it, its easy)

I would highly encourage you and anyone who is wanting to make the quilt to talk to the group here on the board http://<br /> http://www.quiltingbo...jsp?vsnum=1009. There are several who are just starting now and we did the threads in this way so that people could use the guidance at any time.

The most important part though is to JUST START! Just dive in and make a block. Even if you only make one every so often..keep doing it and eventually you will have the blocks complete! Have fun!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Sandpat, thanks for the reply and information. As you can also see I am not up on using the computer, so I don't know if I can use the cd or not. Also I do not have a computer in the summer , but will try to at least do one block. and see where that leads me. thanks again, really love this site and all the helpful people on it. pat