Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Deb Tucker Rulers

Deb Tucker Rulers

I am considering purchasing some of the Deb Tucker rulers/trimmers. What are your favorites and are they worth the purchase price?

The Flying Geese ruler is my most used favorite.

Hands down the Tucker Trimmer. I purchased it several months ago and use it more than any ruler that I own. I finally have square blocks that are all the same size!

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar
    I bought the Hunters Star one. Have 100 blocks ready to lay out and arrange for tomorrow. Could not have made them without the ruler. Worth the money.

I have the small Hunter's Star tool and like it very much. I think it is well done. I would like to have others but will wait a while for them.

Mine, too. The geese come out perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by maminstl View Post
    The Flying Geese ruler is my most used favorite.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

I have thought about buying them. Just haven't yet.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have the Tucker Trimmer for squaring blocks and the flying Geese Ruler. Love the both. The trimmer is nice because it isn't overwhelming with all the lines of the other rulers. It's simple and quick. The flying geese ruler is great the way you line up both sides. Perfect geese are worth the ruler price.

I have Tucker Trimmer, Square 2, Diamond, Split Rec, Corner Beam, V-Block, Hunters Star (large) Wing Clipper. I use them for every block I make that has those shapes. I know they can be pricey - but the blocks are perfect.... every time. They make so many sizes, that alone is worth the price. I will be attending her retreat in September, and will be using the Lemoyne Star and large square 2 ruler. I met her at the Syracuse AQS show. She is an exciting person as well as teacher.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

There is no wrong answer to this question. I have used most of her rulers and you get perfect units and blocks every time. I would start with the one that makes the units you need the most often or that you will be making next. The Tucker Trimmer is a good suggestion, as is the Wing Clipper. You will want all the others when you see the results.

I posted about a sale on Deb's rulers recently. It looks like there are three that are still available:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...e-t286598.html

...and "YES!" they are worth the price.

Okay, I have looked at them before but thought they were a little beyond my budget. You have talked me into it and I ordered the large Hunter's Star. Hope I can figure it out. Thank you.
    All my grand-children have paws.

I just bought the Lemoyne Star and the Hunters Star. I haven't had a chance to use them yet. Can't wait for the weekend!
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

I have just been using the V-block trimmer -- what an impressive tool! It's so easy to do the trimming, and love those perfect units! I will definitely be buying more of her tools.
    Lisa

I LOVE the flying geese ruler (I think it's called the wing clipper or something). I use that one all the time!

I recently did the En Provence mystery with Bonnie Hunter and I had the opportunity too use my Deb Tucker V-Block trimmer. Now I'm loving making those v-blocks! Perfect every time!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Deb Tucker tools.
    Sheep Farmer by day ~ Learning to Quilt by night

Added bonus: You can find her demonstrating these rulers on YouTube. I've got several of them and love them!

I have the Hunter star and the wing trimmer rulers and love them both.

I have almost all her rulers, got a deal on them at a quilt show while in Kansas. I love the flying geese one maybe best...They are all nice!

Quote Originally Posted by patsews View Post
    I am considering purchasing some of the Deb Tucker rulers/trimmers. What are your favorites and are they worth the purchase price?

I love the half square triangle ruler. It works for many sizes of half square triangles.
    Mary Jane Flikke

All of her rulers are wonderful - they make difficult looking blocks very easy to make. I like the fact that one ruler makes many different sizes - there are patterns that go along with the rulers, and her videos are great. I have used these rulers especially when doing my own thing with a quilt. There is not a lot of waste of fabric when trimming either. Great purchase - especially if they are on sale.

I have all of Deb's rulers and LOVE them....they are expensive, but you won't need any other rulers....really...sometimes she'll bundle 3 rulers and a free pattern....

I love my Tucker Trimmers. I have both the Tucker Trimmer and the Tucker Trimmer 111. They are my favorites. I use them all the time.

Jim
    love them all....I have 6 in all
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol: