Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Debating a New Machine >

Debating a New Machine

Debating a New Machine

Old 05-12-2012, 05:32 PM

My dream machine is a pfaff ambition for 799. The one without the touch screen. I recently bought a brother pc420 and I loooove it. Great features, easy to use, good for both quilting and craft/clothes/diaper/home dec sewing. I paid 420 on amazon.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:45 PM

The Janome Memory Craft 6600 is a great machine, from my test drive and what everyone says about it. I've not heard a single complaint about it. The only drawback to that machine, from what I can see, is that it does not have free arm capability. I don't know if that matters to you or not.
Originally Posted by Jennalyn View Post
You all make really excellent points! I hadn't been thinking about what dealerships were in the area - that rules anything from Juki out, since I'd have to drive a few hours minimum. Unfortunately, the area is saturated with Bernina dealers, which are way out of my price-range.

Fortunately, I contacted a business about an hour away that sells Janome and they happened to have a perfect condition trade-in 6600 they were willing to sell for $1000 (normally $1599 there). They're closed tomorrow and Monday, so hopefully I can get out of work early on Tuesday to go and have a peek. It's more than I wanted to spend, but I know that a machine like that would be a very good investment from talking to several friends (and reading this forum). Especially for that price!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:07 PM

I don't do any sort of sewing that requires a free arm, so that feature isn't important to me. I won't miss it. Fingers crossed that all goes well this week!

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
The Janome Memory Craft 6600 is a great machine, from my test drive and what everyone says about it. I've not heard a single complaint about it. The only drawback to that machine, from what I can see, is that it does not have free arm capability. I don't know if that matters to you or not.