Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Deb's Sewing room Update....

When you have your room finished will you be making yourself available for hiring as a sewing/craft room organizer? I know I could definately use your help.

I like those peg boards too. They are handy. I want to get a cork board also for my room.

Deb, it look fantastic, God Bless you and all the hard work you have done. It is so nice to get it all straighten out and finding what you are looking for at a glance. I just did thinks to straighten my sewing room out and just love to be organize. My sister-in-law could use your help. Her craft/sewing room is a nightmare. Her and I both always over do it, but she and I have both been sewing for over 50 years and you can really collect alot of stuff.
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    lOOKS gOOD ,OOPS Got my hands on the wrong keys. Had to get up and turn on the light. I envy you all the room you have. My bedroom is also my sewing room. I look like a hoarder with just a trail to the BR. lol. Do have to keep it half way straight and clean tho. Wanted to be with all you guys yesterday but live too far away. Didnt get to go to the Dallas show either. Maybe next year.

Oh my Deb I love it - Yes, I am so proud of you... I can not wait to come over and play in your room again. You are doing an awesome job there. Keep up the good work... :)

WOW! What an improvement. You go girl!! Great job of organizing!

Blog Entries
    Deb, why do you have your sewing machine on a tilted board? Does it sew better that way or is it easier on your back?

Wow you have been working hard !!! love it all !! Hey how is it sewing on that much of and incline ???? may have to try that too. used those rubber door stops once , maybe try them again. thanks

WOW! What a transformation! Great job! My sewing room is a disaster also and overwhelming at times. I have tried to figure out how I can rearrange the furniture to make better use of the space, but have not tried it out, only in my head. I think I need someone to kick me in the butt.
    BTW, What are your rooms measurements?

Blog Entries
    What a super job you did Deb. It will be so much easier to find what you're looking for now. You're an inspiration to us all to tidy up and organize. Just put curtains over the fabric so DH's don't have an idea how much we really have. ;-)

Very nice job on the room so far. I bet you feel so much better. Good job done

Blog Entries
    Loooks very nice. Love the pegboard! How do you have your fabric folded??

Blog Entries
    Great remodel.... doesn't this make it so much more enjoyable to create/sew?

Blog Entries
    Super job, love the cheery, cherry red, also my fav color. Can I borrow several feet of your room??? My area is so small...and the back bedroom so overfull....

Hang in there. I love the wooden blinds. Before you know it you will be sitting in your new sewing room sewing away.

wow it's looking great! nice job :-)

Great job Deb....Way to go...wants me to get inspired

looking good

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ladydi64
    Deb, why do you have your sewing machine on a tilted board? Does it sew better that way or is it easier on your back?
    Hello. The Sewing machine lifter was made by my DH who makes them for board members. YOu can find them under classifieds Deb's Sewing Machine Lifter?. Anyway, it is at a graduated angle and it helps the back and my vision. Tilts it towards you so you don't have to lean it to see where you sew. Many of us on here have one now. YOu can see their comments on the post too. It all started when I went to a retreat and did not want to spend over 40..00 for one. Told him about it and whalah....have one. Thanks for noticing.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPaw
    I like those peg boards too. They are handy. I want to get a cork board also for my room.
    I bought two rolls of corkboard at Lowe's for a more reasonable price than at craft stores. I am putting it on another wall when I can get to them. LOL. Was going to use it for design wall but don't want to pin. My design wall is a tablecloth with flannel on it I put on wall and then had hubby build me a frame to make it "pretty". LOL. I wanted to put it right side out so the red would show but had to put the flannel out. (sob, sob, hic, sob). I do love my reds.

Blog Entries
    Hey Debbie, great work and now you can actually FIND things! Can I ask a question? Why is your sewing machine at an angle with a wedge under it? Just curious.

Really nice. You will be able to see everything at a glance. No wasted time looking for something.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jolo
    lOOKS gOOD ,OOPS Got my hands on the wrong keys. Had to get up and turn on the light. I envy you all the room you have. My bedroom is also my sewing room. I look like a hoarder with just a trail to the BR. lol. Do have to keep it half way straight and clean tho. Wanted to be with all you guys yesterday but live too far away. Didnt get to go to the Dallas show either. Maybe next year.
    Would love to have you but I am trying to get someone in Oklahoma to have one too. I can stay at WInstar or Riverwind with free rooms, and we can share. SO much fun. Maybe twist Dix, quilt fanatic or Jacquiltoz, etc. Hint,hint. I would come. You can always spend the night with me if you came here and we could play in my sewing room. Nice to see you popping in here. HUGS

Thanks for all the Kudos, my cyber buddies.

Way to go girlfriend. You have done an awesome job, as usual. Luv U

Great space.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast