Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dec La Table runner pattern >

Dec La Table runner pattern

Dec La Table runner pattern

Old 11-10-2010, 01:51 PM

I just received my pattern and fabric today. Read the pattern and I have the answer to one of your questions. In step 5 the phrase "per point 6 below," should have parenthesis around it. Should say sew the strips in numerical order from 1 to 10 in sets of two (per point #6 below.) Yes, it was confusing.

Now, I need help. Step 11 says "Sew each set into a tube" ---What does that mean? How do you sew strips into a tube?

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I just emailed Connecting Threads to see what they say. I do so hate bad directions!
one sentence says "sew the strips together into two indential strip sets(four strip sets if using fat qtrs). sew the strips in numerical order from 1 to 10 in sets of two per point 6 below."
i will have to study this one before attempting it and then most likely go by the picture. i printed off a larger one off their site.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
I just received my pattern and fabric today. Read the pattern and I have the answer to one of your questions. In step 5 the phrase "per point 6 below," should have parenthesis around it. Should say sew the strips in numerical order from 1 to 10 in sets of two (per point #6 below.) Yes, it was confusing.

Now, I need help. Step 11 says "Sew each set into a tube" ---What does that mean? How do you sew strips into a tube?

I just emailed Connecting Threads to see what they say. I do so hate bad directions!
one sentence says "sew the strips together into two indential strip sets(four strip sets if using fat qtrs). sew the strips in numerical order from 1 to 10 in sets of two per point 6 below."
i will have to study this one before attempting it and then most likely go by the picture. i printed off a larger one off their site.
I don't have this pattern, but it may mean you take those strips and sew the two ends together. Then you separate it between the colors indicated on the pattern.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

I haven't tried making this yet. I am sure with more careful reading, I'll be able to do it. and yes i figured out the point 6 below. odd way of saying it though.
anybody made this up yet???
Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM

You are sooo right. It was an odd way of saying it. Actually, a lot of the instructions are not crystal clear. Like you, I'd really like to hear from someone who has made it. Anyone out there???

I haven't tried making this yet. I am sure with more careful reading, I'll be able to do it. and yes i figured out the point 6 below. odd way of saying it though.
anybody made this up yet???
Old 11-11-2010, 03:57 AM

I was going to order that but then talked myself out of it. I know I won't get to it this year :'(
Sorry to hear that the directions are duds.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:24 PM

I tried ordering the pattern from CT about 2 weeks ago and it was backordered until 11/11/10. Tried today and it is backordered until 11/22/10. I also saw where we could order the fabric but not the kit. However, they do NOT have all of the fabric. 2575 Swirl Irish is not available either. Since I don't know what exact color this is (and being a batik, it would be hard to match), I really don't want to order some of the fabric from CT and try to find another green batik that would work. I may order the pattern online from somewhere else, but have to find fabrics elsewhere. Bummer. Loved the look of the pattern and will wait until I see if others can figure out the directions. So if you try it, let us know!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

You can also purchase the pattern as a download, if you prefer.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM

I believe what they mean is that you sew up each long side, this will form a tube.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by laura59

I believe what they mean is that you sew up each long side, this will form a tube.
If I understand correctly- this strip is made up of your different fabrics, you sew the two ends together(the short ends) so that then you can unsew between the colors that you need to for each strip.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Not sure I understand.

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by laura59

If I understand correctly- this strip is made up of your different fabrics, you sew the two ends together(the short ends) so that then you can unsew between the colors that you need to for each strip.