Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Deleting an item for sale >

Deleting an item for sale

Deleting an item for sale

Old 03-19-2011, 01:52 PM

Can someone tell me how to delete an item now that I have sold it?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM

You cannot delete it. Go to "my topics" find the posting & just add SOLD to the title of the posting or the individual item is you have more than one item in the post.

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
Can someone tell me how to delete an item now that I have sold it?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Why not go into it and edit to say it is sold......
Old 03-19-2011, 02:05 PM

thank you
Old 03-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Ok I'm either losing it, or just plain dumb...I wanted to edit one of my topics but I can't figure it out any advice?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM

I really wish that the moderators would delete all of the "sold" posts. There are tons of them and to find any new ones you have to go swimming through all the old ones. Is there a reason why they don't get deleted? Just wondering. :)
Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I really wish that the moderators would delete all of the "sold" posts. There are tons of them and to find any new ones you have to go swimming through all the old ones. Is there a reason why they don't get deleted? Just wondering. :)
IMHO, moderators leave them on so when people receive their item/s they can go back and check to make sure they received what they ordered.

I do agree it would be helpful to have another area for sold items so we didn't have to wade through all of them....plus many people don't put SOLD when they are sold and you have to go through the posts to know they are sold. Also many of the ISO's are found and not posted found so there are numerous ones of those also.

Moderators have a horrendous job in trying to keep up with the thousands of posts each and everyday. That said, I also think we have the responsibilty to follow the rules. The rules are always listed above each area of interest/various topics for people to read and learn...but for whatever reason many don't. It would be nice if people took the time to read them so they didn't post in the wrong topic area also. That also is frustrating for many members.

That said since Admin and the Moderaters have created so many areas for topics and people just don't use them as they should I wonder if more topic areas would actually help or cause more questions/problems in the wrong areas.

There is an area for just about everything and people just need to take their time to famliarize themselves with the board. I know some people don't mind but it sure would make it smooth sailing for those of use that can't take hours trying to find something of interest and having to wade through topics not listed properly and not knowing what people are truly talking about until you open a particular thread. Plus it would make the search feature work so much better. Not trying to cause a controversy but just my humble opinion.

If I am incorrect in my thoughts I hope one of the Mods would please step in here to help us all understand.