Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Design board >

Design board

Design board

Old 06-10-2012, 09:28 AM

Hmm, this discussion of design walls has be eyeballing a wall in my bedroom, because my sewing room is too small for a design wall. I do have a 3x3 design wall made from foam core board covered with flannel. It works, and can be hidden behind a sewing cabinet when not in use, but is too small for a whole quilt. I'm liking the tablecloth idea, but I do have some fleece that isn't being used. The cheap batting seems like a good idea, but you'd have to glue it to something to prevent it from sagging.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 AM

I also have a Block Butler... I have it on a curtain rod w/ rings. It is mounted on my closet door and give easy acess to the closet as it just slides to either side.. I like to place blocks on it and just step back and decide how I really want them placed... Some times this takes days to decide..but it is fun

Judy in Phx, AZ
Originally Posted by Maggiem View Post
I have a Block Butler and it is great. I'd tried insulation, but the felines who run my house used it to sharpen their claws... major mess... So I invested in the Block Butler and it hasn't left my wall since early February. Everything sticks to it beautifully, without pins, and enables me to really plan colour choices and designs. It is one of those things that makes me wonder how on earth I got along without it!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 PM

No foam board for mine - just thumb tacked inexpensive white flannel to the wall - the first one I did I sewed a wide hem and slid a long dowel in the top first and hung, the next time around I dropped the hem - I have one in my bedroom, and one in my livingroom which is where I do my sewing...
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM

use flannel-back tablecloth it works perfect..