Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Design ideas

Design ideas

I've been asked to make a quilt for a friends mother's 75th birthday. They said she likes Betty Boop and pink and purple. Any suggestions on a pattern that uses feature fabrics?

Irish Chain using cross within a square. You could do the chain in purples & pinks with white/cream and then put the feature fabric in the empty 10" block. I did a Craftsy class that showed it with all feature fabrics. I think it was called something like Twisted Irish Chain.

Power Poster
    Warm Wishes is a good pattern that has a large square of the feature fabric.

Most of the BBQ patterns from Maple Island Designs use a focus fabric. You could get several pieces of Betty Boop fabric and use pink and purple to border the focus fabrics.

If you google Betty Boop fabric you will find that there some really cute ones out there. I would definitely use them as a focus fabric and/or as backing for the quilt.

Warm Wishes is an easy quilt and you can enlarge the center to square to 8" finished. Maple Island also makes popular patterns called BQ & BQ2.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Add so!me green for a pretty combo, gives it a little pick me up in my humble opinion.☺��