Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Design Wall >

Design Wall

Design Wall

Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Dina;5728002]I covered a piece of insulation foam board with Warm and Natural batting. It works really well for me. Mine isn't attached to the wall, as it just leans against my closet so I can move it to get into the closet. My sister did the same thing, attaching hers to the wall, though she used three sheets, side by side. She put some sort of wood edging around it. I duck taped the batting to the foam board, wrapping it onto the back and then taping it down. She used a spray glue to get hers to stick to the foam board. I don't have a picture of hers, but I do have one of mine. Let me see if I can find it.

I cut mine down a bit, but it comes in 4 x 8 foot pieces. It has the pink panther on the back, and I got mine at Lowes. I am very happy with my design wall. Maybe it will give you some place to start...

I have the same design wall and I absolutely love it! I can move it around the room as I need to. I don't have free wall space so this is perfect. The flannel comes off easily and I can throw it in the washer and put it right back on my board. Also, I can move the board next to me when I'm sewing blocks together and just pull them right off the wall and sew and not get things mixed up.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Here is a post about mine. http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...l-t193343.html
Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Susan01948 View Post
I don't have a large design wall, but I made a little cornice about 60" wide. On the sides, below the top shelf area, I put a long roller shade with a plastic flannel back table cloth stapled to it. When I want to use it, I just pull it down.When I want it out of the way, I can roll it up with the blocks still on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]383277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]383276[/ATTACH] I hope these pictures come through since it is hard to describe, but it was easy to build.
Oh this is just to clever. Love love love it
Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

I have 8' x 16' felt covered foam insualtion board design wall. It's the best feature in my sewing area. If you use the foam insulation board it will staple to the wall and is easy to remove. The tiny holes aren't noticeable. I have moved mine several times when re painting the walls and DH never fussed at all about having to refill holes, he never saw them. LOL
Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 AM

My problem was I only have one wall that is large enough but it has a closet door right in the middle. My DH hung
a curtain rod over the door the length of the wall, I basted a queen side batt at the top to make a sleeve and put
it through the curtain rod. If I need to get into that closet...which I seldom do, I just slide the batt to the end.
I love all the ideas everyone has!!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Jackson,
Your WHOLE house? Really?